Liverpool 2-0 Totenham Hotspurs

MotM- Sadio Mane

(One very fast brace, could've had a hat trick and then at least another. He's a lightning bolt!)

Honourable mention- Lucas Leiva

(Almost scored but it was more of a clearing header like the one at the other end, he was supposed to be the targeted weak link, did not let that show with lots of interceptions etc) 

Liverpool Football club, Anfield and Melwood banned the S*n yesterday. I read some of Liverpool Echo's articles but still don't particularly get why this didn't happen at least 25 years ago other than because the sports journalist(s) didn't produce the horrible headline and had a good relationship so banning the paper would punish them unfairly. But my main thought was why now in this moment, feels like "FSG Out" is getting louder/ whoever else out so they've thrown us something good to talk about and distract us. At times I wish I didn't have to analyse things and just think in this case well done, good decision.

Every single match in January/ February I've been ready to watch no matter how much we were apparently trying to collapse. Today I just couldn't be arsed, I spent five hours waiting watching old clips of Skins (UK) and writing a new fan fiction (Oasis) so when the time came I wasn't ready to potentially see another 90 minutes of that Liverpool. Commentators said we're 6th and I felt even worse. But then I saw Anfield, the crowd and the flags being waved and heard the singing and I can't wait for kick off.

So thanks to everyone who filled the stadium and sang, can't fault the atmosphere today.

Where the bloody hell has this Liverpool been?!

First minute I saw they had their big defensive line and we conceded a corner so I thought oh no, it's another one of them but we very quickly set about proving me wrong.

It took a few goes and 17 minutes but Gini got the throughball to Mane and he got it past the keeper 1-0 Mane fell into it so commentators tried to talk penalty even though I don't think anyone was even close enough to foul him and the ball was already in the net so that was a bit weird.

I'm trying to turn my phone on to message my Dad when he's back literally a minute later, some penalty box pin ball happens. Lallana shot saved, Firmino shot saved, lands for Mane and he's got a really fast brace. Oh Mane, Mane, he's scored two goals!

Now they're talking about his 2 mins 56 second hat trick (Which he took off God) and I've got a massive grin on my face that just can't be contained. Klopp's certainly refound his goal celebration energy too.

He's not done with that. I really thought he was in with the next shot, then thought he'd gone wide but no, he's really making the keeper work.

Spurs are so lucky to have a good goal keeper. Which got me thinking it must be nice for the defenders/ general outfield players to know if it gets past them, there's a real good chance it will be saved so they don't try anything rash.

Poor Davies was just left to cope with Mane through all of that which he couldn't.

Time for me to go properly eat my words over whether we'd miss Mane. I knew we were gonna miss him but not as much as we did since we were fine last season before we had him.

I do get my I told you so for predicting we were gonna revenge win this though, right?

Then Mignolet finally has to do his one save of the game that I can remember. They resorted to a lot of balls that were easy catches for him if that counts. Kane hit the post but was completely off side, that's about all we saw of him, was he even playing all match?

Lucas almost went and doubled his goals for the year with a header. That shows how bad Spurs were doing cos hes got about 190 games to go until his next one!

Second half it's obviously vital we come back concentrating and giving them more of the same. Spurs have other ideas, they can't get in the game so they're gonna foul the way through it. So many yellow cards dished out I was sure someone was gonna end up getting 2.

Except Dele Ali, apparently he's allowed to push people as much as he likes. I think it was also him who didn't hand ball because he turned his back on it. What have we got to do to have hand ball awarded to us?! It's got to be a perfect, no doubt one apparently.

When Spurs had a free kick Coutinho baffled the commentators and me by kneeling behind the wall in case they jumped and the ball went under. That was weird. Would that even work? We don't know cos the ball went straight over and into the stands.

I can't believe Spurs were that bad throughout but thanks for coming and trying actual football, gave us a good match. They even almost nodded a horrific OG into their own goal cos the defender and keeper went to deal with the same ball.

Why don't they instead of saying "so called lesser sides" just say teams who sit back and teams who play the game or something like that?

It took the ref 50 seconds after the allotted extra 4, thought he'd lost his whistle!

We've won a game 2-0. We've got a clean sheet! We're back in 4th!

It's Steve McManaman's 45th birthday and he was commentating so we definitely gave him a better birthday than we did Carra. Happy Birthday!

Yay! I can finally watch Match of the Day!

I kinda wish we hadn't taken the points off Spurs and given Chelsea a boost which they obviously don't need. And also Arsenal cos Flav from Ball Street doesn't like Liverpool but I think Spurs/ he's alright and hoped they'll take 2nd but not like that they won't!

Next up Leicester City, away. Bloody hell it's ages away Monday 27th February 20:00 

Speaking of, massive good luck to them against Sevilla in the Champions League!

Oh! Djibril Cissé retired to become a DJ. I knew there was something I was forgetting. This is why news shouldn't happen on like a Monday when I'm not gonna write until Saturday Sunday. I think he did actually retire a bit ago though and I haven't really heard anything about him since he left us in 2007. That's another Istanbul hero outta football , thanks for scoring in the penalty shoot out and the 13 goals.