Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace

MotM- Phillipe Coutinho

(Thought he was off today, next minute he gets a free kick and takes it beautifully and only gets better from there. His anchor tattoo became the subject of podrot on the Matt Morgan Appreciation society FB page which made half time pretty fun)

I wish I could say I'm angry at that but I'm not. I swear if there'd been a reason that I absolutely couldn't watch or even check a live feed I could've told you it would go like that.

I clearly jumped the gun when it came to ex Liverpool players scoring against us this season, we came so close to preventing it. We should've kept Benteke on permanent loans. I'm so mad at him, he as a fucking Crystal Palace player almost got a hat trick against us, that ain't right! I know he's only doing his job but it's Palace and he fucking WOULDN'T have scored those for us. He didn't listen to me telling him NO or STOP IT right now.

Speaking of loans, SAKHO!!! You say you want to come back and then you revel in celebrating a Palace goal with Benteke (although credit to the scorer for not really celebrating the first) a cringy rock, paper, scissors hand shake. You're not coming back now. What were you even doing on their bench today? You'd think he'd stay well away if he actually thinks there's any chance of being a Liverpool man again.

There was too many passes that went out for a throw, throughout the game but especially in the beginning. What is so hard about passing to another player, on your team?!

Coutinho's goal. As I said a few minutes before I was getting frustrated at passing and him just not being strong enough against the tanks of Palace. So when he was stood about to take it, I had every faith he was gonna prove his feet are all better and he did not disappoint. Beautiful goal, completely out of the keeper's range with his very long dive.

I genuinely thought we were gonna be okay at that point, we were handling it and then of course Benteke goes and scores. Even then maybe we could find a way back in it but once the second went in, you might as well have stopped watching, gone home/ turned it off cos we just weren't gonna see anything from there.  

Maybe Coutinho should've played for a penalty when he was getting his ankles kicked in the penalty box but he wanted to prove his footwork far better than theirs... and have it blocked so it was sent it skyward. Once again we played nice, honest football and unfortunately that keeps costing us but oh well at least we always get the moral high ground.

I actually feel sorry for Mignolet cos we've been biging him up with how amazing he's doing, then this game comes along and there's not much he can do to keep it up.

Let's blame one Jamie Carragher though. He's just started match commentary on our games and just like when it was Gerrard's fault for attending, things aren't going well.

I love that he complained for about 20 minutes solid that we weren't making subs cos there's NO ONE on the fucking bench who could actually change the game for the better because we've dropped like flies again (no offense to to those on the bench but they were all actual kids, Brewster could've been the first lad to be in a premier league match from this millennium, that's mad!) and then Klopp goes and makes 3 changes almost all at once. I couldn't help thinking Sturridge has the hips of a 90 year old throughout, there's just been no way of relying on him in too long.

As he said over and over we were decently ahead in the top 4 race, despite not having games in hand like those below us and good old Benteke and our failure to deal with him has left us damaged in that. Worse, it looks like Palace are safe to try for 4 Anfield wins in a row next season if they weren't safe already.

Saying that though, we're still in 3rd and thanks to Leicester losing to Athletico Madrid, 4th is still 4th so we can still make it into the Champion's League. Just 4 games left now.

Next up Watford away on Monday the 1st of May at 20:00

Oh in case you haven't heard Lallana joined twitter.