Beavis & Butthead

"Is this one of the times where I have to lie to protect your delicate emotions?" His voice boomed through my ears.
My eyes shot open. I wasn't in my room, I was in the living room. There was an unfamiliar warmth next to me, which startled me. Thinking back I had no recollection of getting drunk, so the body next to me was Denis. As I looked up I saw he was still asleep. It wasn't light outside like it should be, so it must of been early in the morning. Denis' face stemmed peaceful. A single strand of hair fell down and got in his face. I pulled my left hand out of the blanket that was gently placed on top of us, and tucked the strand behind his ear. He flinched at the touch, but then he pulled me towards him more. After that instant I realized that he had his arms wrapped around my waist. My cheeks where burning, and I had this weird feeling in my stomach. I stared at his face taking in every single detail I could. It was cute how pouty he looked in his sleep. I watched the sunrise through the window while resting my head on Denis' shoulder. The light must of woken him up, because his hazel eyes fluttered open. He was confronted by my eyes staring into his, and I felt my cheeks burn more.
"Good morning." He said his voice deeper and raspier than normal.
"Good morning." I repeated back yawning.
He chuckled and then reached for the TV remote. He turned the tv on and flipped through the channels, while I sat there blushing like crazy.
"What do you want to watch?"
Instead of responding I grabbed the remote and went to the recorded episodes. Whenever Beavis and Butthead came on I made my grandmother record it so for when I came and visited. I clicked on an episode, and hummed the guitar part of the opening. Denis laughed at me, and then got up. I frowned at the lose of human touch, but quickly turned my attention back to the TV so he wouldn't notice. My phone rang and I picked it up.
"Hey sis!" I heard the familiar voice of my brother say.
"Hey James." I smiled
"You planning on coming home tomorrow, or you gonna bail on the EP release party like last time?"
"I told you I'd make up for last year, I promise."
"You better, Ben really wants to see you."
"Really?" I chuckled
"Of course dumbass!"
"Don't call me a dumbass, dumbass!"
My grandma waddled in from the kitchen and squinted her eyes. I put the phone on speaker, and she opened her mouth to speak.
"Watch your language, dumbasses."
James and I laughed at it, and then continued to speak. After awhile Denis came back in the living room, and sat next to me on the couch.
"So how's the recording going?"
"Great, we have to record Run Free again."
"Again?"
"Yeah, hold on Ben wants to talk to you."
I smirked down at my phone and waited for the familiar voice of my best friend.
"Hey there Beavis!" I heard the familiar British accent and laughed at the nickname he had for me.
"Hello Butthead."
"So your coming home tomorrow?"
"Yeah, I wish we could live here!"
"You also wished we could live in New Zealand, but the record company is here."
"One day I'll live in New Zealand."
After two minutes James took his phone back, and we hung up. Denis looked at me confused.
"You're brothers in a band?"
"Yeah, he plays drums in Asking Alexandria."
"He seemed to get your grandfather's talent." Grandma pointed out switching the episode of Beavis and Butthead causing me to pout.
"I'm in a band too, I sing."
"Really, what's the name?"
"Down & Dirty."
I laughed a little at the name, and then Denis' phone went off. He left the room to answer the call. I got up and went to my room to pack my things up. I hated leaving here, and I hated leaving New Yorkshire too. So, every two months I'd come and visit for two months and then leave. Yeah, it costed a lot but my job as a photographer payed off. I mainly photographed for AA, but sometimes other bands would come into town and ask me to take pictures. It seemed I was the preferred photographer, even though I thought my pictures sucked. Everyone loved them, so I kept pushing on and taking my camera everywhere. I took out the camera from the drawer and looked through the photos. Most where off the scenery I'm out local park during fall, and the others were of the band. I clicked over to the next to find my favorite picture I have ever taken.

 I clicked over to the next to find my favorite picture I have ever taken

It was a clear shot, and it was perfect. Once I was done putting all my clothes in my suitcase expect for my outfit for tomorrow, there was a knock on the door. As I said come in Denis walked in, and sat next to me on the floor.
"I've got to go, I forgot I promised my girlfriend we'd go on a date."
Girlfriend. My heart sunk but I just smiled and grabbed my camera.
"Since I might not see you tomorrow morning I want to take a picture."
He did a pose and I took the picture. He then grabbed his phone and held it up to take a picture of me. I put my hands in front of my face, and waited to hear a click.

"Please!" He begged"No!" I said peaking at him from behind my hands

"Please!" He begged
"No!" I said peaking at him from behind my hands."
"C'mon!!!!"
I finally gave up, and did an awkward pose making Denis laugh. Before he left he planted a soft kiss on my head, and then walked out the door. I went into the kitchen and sat on the counter like I'd used to do as a kid.
"Who is his girlfriend?" I asked remembering the sinking feeling from before.
"Some local valley girl, he deserves better."
"Valley girl? Wow, I thought those died out."
"Not in this town, sadly. I think you would be good for him."
My cheeks heated up and I felt flustered.
"Wha-no! He's way to attractive."
"You just called him attractive!"
"No I didn't!"
I covered my face with my hands, only to hear my grandma chuckle.
"Now get off my counter and eat your dinner or I will get a spoon out."
I did what I was told and prepared for the flight in the morning.