25. Social Reveal

° Juliet °

"Are you going to tell Alicia about you and Michael?" Violet asked me as we sat at our table with our breakfasts in front of our faces.

Jessa was still sound asleep in her room, while Alicia occupied the shower, so Violet and I were left in a deep abyss of conversation.

I shakily breathed out, finding it relatively difficult to answer the question since I didn't know. The ethical part of me felt it necessary to tell Alicia of mine and Michael's actions, though the sympathetic part of me refused to hurt her.

But I found myself shaking my head as I rotated the spoon in my cereal, "I don't think so" I said in a choke, "I'm just trying hard to get everything back to normal—as if nothing happened"

"But we all know what happened" Violet said softly, "As much as you'll try, you can't change the past, Jules"

I swallowed the lump within my throat, "But I can try to make it go away" I said to her, hearing a door being closed in the hall before Alicia brought herself to the kitchen.

"Good morning" she said, reaching to the cabinet to get herself a bowl, "Seems like today's going to be a beautiful day—considering the season"

Neither Violet or I answered, but continued to silently eat our breakfasts while Alicia prepared hers.

"I finished all my homework on time, managed to start my science project, and Thanksgiving break planning has started today—I think it's going to be a good day for me today" Alicia beamed, setting her bowl of oatmeal next to me before she sat down.

"That's great, Ali" Violet told her, and I still remained silent.

"Is it possible to be two places at once?" Jessa asked as she threw down what seemed to be a planner on the table, dropping herself in the only empty seat left.

"I thought you were asleep" Violet said to her with furrowed eyebrows.

Jessa shook her head with pursed lips, "I've practically been up all night trying to figure out how I'm going to satisfy two groups of people at the same time" she sighed.

"What's the problem?" Alicia asked, taking in a spoonful of her food.

"I promised Eliot I'd have dinner at our house for Thanksgiving—but I completely forgot, and made other plans" she said in a panicked, worried tone, "Both are not something I can cancel"

"Why not do one before the other?" I asked her with a shrug.

Jessa parted her lips, though stopped herself to think over the scenario, "You're right, I have to talk to Luke" she said as she quickly stood from the table, and made way to the front door.

"Wha—Luke?" Violet mumbled, though without success since Jessa was nearly gone, "What about your break—fast" she sighed, hearing the front door slam shut.

"Anyone else notice her and Luke are remotely closer?" Alicia asked in a suspicious tone.

"It's Jessa's method of recovery and acceptance" Violet said, picking up her empty plate, and began to set it in the sink.

"Recovery and acceptance from what?" I asked in a confused tone.

"That her and Luke won't be together–" she replied as she leaned against the kitchen counter, "–and may I admit, it's working"

"You don't seriously think she's over him, do you?" Alicia asked her, and Violet simply shrugged.

"She seems to be" I said, placing my spoon down, "But as Vi said, it's unlikely they'd be together"