30. Social Get Aways

° Jessa °

"When were you going to tell me about you and Luke?" my brother came from nowhere as we moved through the breakfast buffet line.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "I'm sorry?" I said to him in confusion.

"You and Luke, when were going to tell me you two were a thing?" Eliot asked as he stuck a slice a toast between his teeth.

"Can you lower your voice?" I asked him in a whisper, motioning to the amount of people around us, "How do you know about this?"

"He told me" he simply said through his bread filled mouth, "Yesterday at the pool. I saw him looking at you many times, so I confronted him about it, and he confessed to it" Eliot explained, "He even told me about the birthmark on your ass" he snickered.

My cheeks became flushed, glaring at Eliot before I looked around for Luke.

I had spotted him talking with his friends, which I began marching to his direction, and pulling him away from the small conversation.

"Good morning to you too" Luke snickered as he shifted my tense grip on his hand to a soft lace of our fingers, "Sorry I left so early this morning, I didn't want anyone to notice I was gone all night"

"Y–yeah, it's fine" I told him, "Why did you tell my brother about us?" I asked before he changed the subject.

"Oh" Luke perked up, "Well, he said I was trying too hard to get with you, so I explained that I—you know—already have you" he chuckled, "And I might've been a little afraid that he was going to go full on big brother on me"

"You do realize that my brother can't keep a secret to save his life, right?" I asked him in amusement.

Luke's features dropped, "I do now" he said in panic.

I managed a small smile, laughing at the slightest to his misfortune, "Don't worry about it, the only people he'll probably tell is his friends from school who don't even know who we are" I told him.

Luke smiled to me, about to lean down to peck my cheek before we had been interrupted.

"Hey Jessa, I've been looking for you" Calum said in a raspy tone from the morning, "We should rehearse for tonight"

"Oh, y–yeah" I said, forgetting that Calum had planned to perform with me tonight, "I'll meet you there in a couple minutes"

Calum nodded, leaving the room through the glass door that led outside.

I turned to Luke, giving him a small apologetic look, "What are you rehearsing for?" he asked me.

"Oh, Calum signed us up to sing at this old saloon down the road" I explained to him, "He's trying to get me to open up with performing"

"I didn't know you wanted to sing" he said to me, a tone in his voice I couldn't detect.

"Yeah, I mean I've only ever sang in front of people I really trust and—"

"So you sing with Calum but you've never sang to me" he interrupted me, "In fact, I didn't know you could sing"

"I didn't know you'd be interested" I told him hesitantly.

"Why would you think that?" he asked me, "You said you only sing in front of people you really trust, and you were going to sing to our student body before singing to me" he breathed out, shaking his head, and biting his bottom lip, "I'll see you around, Jessa" he told me before leaving through the door.

I called after him, though Luke was already walking down the road by the time I attempted to call again.

I debated chasing after him, but I had Calum waiting for me to practice. Pulling at the hair falling over my face, I sighed and headed to the saloon.