10.0

Ryoko brought her arm up to her shoulder, tracing a scar that she got from falling down that hill.

She tried to speak. "It's because," it came out airy but understandable. She took a deep breath. "It's because I had no where to go..." Her eyes darted away from Midorya's face.

"What do you mean?" He asked her in a very gentle voice.

"My parents..." She starts and then closes her eyes. "They were murdered by a couple of thief's that broke into our house that night." Midoriya's eyes widened. "And I witnessed all of it. My father was shot multiple times, and mother... she was raped by one of them, that actually knew her and then his partner shot her in the head." Tears threaten to spill down Ryoko's face. Her throat hurt so much from talking. She couldn't hold them back anymore as one by one they feel.

Midoriya's face was filled with pity, sympathy, and something else, Ryoko couldn't quite place.

Her shoulders slumped as she stood up remembering those event. Ryoko had never cried in front of anybody before, not until now.

Midoriya could see her in this state. He was special to her.

Ryoko sobbed as she headed back to her room.

Then a pair of warm arms wrapped around her waist.

She looked up with wide eyes. At first she thought it was Akihiko, because he always did that to her.

She turned around to find Midoriya with his eyes shut very tight. "I'm sorry I asked! But you didn't have to leave me! Or Kacchan! You're our family! And if you don't have a family at the moment! I'll be your family. I'll be your hero! I'll do anything for you, Ryoko! I care about you too much to see you cry! I want the Ryoko who was smiling 10 years ago! Not this Ryoko who hides her emotions!" He yells too loud for Ryoko's ears.

"Zu-chan..." She turns around and welcomes his embrace. "I don't want you to be my family."

"Huh? Why?" He asks looking down to her.

"Because it's kind of awkward when you look at your family member as a romantic interest." She says quietly.

Confusion spreads over his face as Ryoko's face turns a deep scarlet. He doesn't quite get what she's saying.

"Just think about it." She says to him and walks out of their hug back to her room.

Ryoko sighed as she closed her, now, bedroom door. "Zu-chan is such an idiot sometimes." She said plopping down on her bed. "He's too stupid for his own good." She laughed at her own joke. "But that's what I love about him..."

Love?

When did love come into this? Ryoko has always loved Midoriya, even when they were younger.

She sat amazed about how love feels. It's always been there but she's never noticed.

It's was always there.

He was always there.

And she was too oblivious.

Ryoko loved Midoriya and it was as simple as that.

And for the first time since ten years ago, she smiled.

---
Check out my new story!

Masters

Hope you enjoy this and that.