17.0

Ryoko started breathing rapidly as her heart rate sped up.

Recovery Girl dashed to her side. "She's going into shock. She might have enough stamina." She says mumbling to herself. Her lips stretch to Ryoko's forehead. She envelopes in a green light as her breathing turns back to normal and so does her heartbeat.

Ryoko's eyes slowly flutter opens as her eyes search the room.

She weakly smiles as she lands on Midoriya.

Tears run down his face and he's frozen in place.

After registering what happened, he dashed over to her side and throwing his arms over her frail body.

He sobs loudly as Recovery Girl excuses the room.

"Hey Zu-chan. I missed you." Her voice is shaky but full of happiness from seeing Midoriya when she first woke up.

He sits up and wipes his tears. "Yeah, I missed you, too." He sniffs between words.

After calming down a little, crying a little, cuddling a little, they've become content.

"You know," Ryoko says studying his face. "In my dream I heard you say that you love me..."

He's taken aback. "Huh?"

"Ah, nevermind." She says.

Midoriya fills her in, from when she was in her coma. She listens to him talk, watches the way his mouth moves when he talked, every little detail about the boy named Izuku Midoriya, whom Ryoko loved with all her heart.

"Let her get some rest." Recovery Girl says. "You can go home tomorrow." She says focusing on Ryoko.

"Just let me be by her side. Please!" Midoriya pleaded.

"Fine. But make sure she gets some rest." She says then excuses herself from the room.

Ryoko's eyes drooped after awhile, and Midoriya let her sleep.

He stared at her face, think about when he kissed her earlier. He blushes just thinking about it.

He got it, after Ryoko is released he was going to confess but what if she rejects him? Midoriya couldn't stand to face her then. Maybe he should just rethink it.

---

Ryoko was finally being discharged.

Midoriya wanted to carry her, and she let him.

Ryoko was on his back, nuzzling he face into his neck.

He thought it felt good, but that didn't hide the blush covering his face.

He wanted to take it slow going home, so he took the long way around town.

"Zu-chan, I love you." She whispers into his ear, he can feel the heat radiating off of her face.

He stopped frozen in his tracks. Was Ryoko the one who really confessed first? Midoriya put Ryoko back onto the ground and turned towards her.

He stared at her for a moment.

Ryoko wondered why she even blurted it out. It was a spur of the moment. She darted her eyes away from Midoriya's stare.

He took a step closer to Ryoko, until they were toe to toe.

He did something unexpected, he kissed her. Just a peck on the lips, nothing more, nothing less.

Was she going to get his power? She couldn't because Akihiko stole it, so now she's quirkless. But she doesn't care, as long as Midoriya is by her side.

After the short but sweet kiss, Midoriya dashed off towards his home, even though they live togoether.

Since Midoriya kissed Ryoko, does that mean he reciprocates her feelings? To her, it's not plausible, but then why did he kiss her? Was it a spur of the moment? Who knows?

But Ryoko will cherish this moment until the day she dies.

And that day might come sooner or later...