8: Lost

Song: Hypnotic by Zella Day

Not thinking about her nudity, she just held her head tighter and said, "I already know.  I just reminded myself of the same thing."  When she finally got her wits about her, she was reminded of her soaking wet nudity as she sat there on the floor when she felt her nipples pucker from the cold air.  When she heard that deep, throaty growl again, she knew he was also very aware of her nudity, very aware of the cold air's effect on her body. She could imagine the picture she made.  Her legs were splayed for all the world to see her secrets, and drops of water were slowly sliding down her body to the bathroom floor.  Her hair was dripping water droplets down onto her breasts, and the cold air was puckering her nipples.  Unfortunately, she thought to cover none of this, instead holding onto her head. 

Once she realized this, she snapped her legs closed and went to cover her nipples, but the damage was done.  She could hear the catch in his breath, and she could almost feel the sizzle throughout the entire room.  The heat in her core did nothing to help, and she only got wetter the longer she listened to his hissing breath.  She didn't know what to say or what to do.  She was lost, and she was worried that if she tried to stand back up, she would slip again. 

Instead of doing the logical thing and asking for a hand up, she slowly tried to get her feet under her to rise.  This snapped him out of whatever trance he was in, and he rushed to her side to put his sturdy hands around her waist.  In helping her stand up, the back of his hand brushed against the side of her breast, and she inhaled sharply and tried to catch the moan that slid from her lips.  She knew he noticed it, too, from the low rumble she heard.  It was like that growl pressed some button in her body that made her wetter every time he did it. 

It's been too long since I've had sex, if just a side boob touch or a rumbling growl can get to me like this.  Although she acknowledged it, she didn't pay much heed.  Once she was on solid footing, she could smell that crisp, clean cologne and his minty breath.  She inhaled the scent of him, and it was intoxicating.  It made her dizzy, and she placed her hand on his chest to steady herself.

He must have taken it as she was dizzy from the fall, because he immediately put his hand on her hip to help her walk out of the bathroom.  This just made it worse.  His big hand was holding her hip, and he smelled so good.  He was taking care of her when she needed someone most, and she really liked who he was and how they laughed together.  She just stopped walking.  He didn't say anything, but from her slightly parted lips and her breathy whisper, "Jason," he must have gotten the point that she was ok, and the dizziness was from something else entirely. 

He growled once, and then he turned her and pulled her into this tall, lean frame with one hand on her lower back and the other at the nape of her neck.  He didn't question.  His usual confidence.  So sexy.  He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers in a heady kiss.  His fingers shoved into her wet hair and pulled her closer to him.  She pressed her hands to his hard chest and ran her fingers over the exceptionally soft fabric, feeling the hard planes beneath.  There was something sexy and forbidden about him being fully clothed and her being completely naked.  She felt the expensive material of his dress shirt and slacks against her naked wet skin, and it made her head spin.  He turned her head to get her closer to him, but in doing so, he touched the spot on the back of her head where she hit it on the shower door, and she squeaked slightly. 

He pulled his hand out of her hair and cleared his throat, keeping her close to him with his hand at her lower back.  He leaned his forehead down to hers, and he whispered, "Sorry, kitten."  There was a pause where it was only the two of them in the entire world, where the only thing she could hear was her heartbeat pounding in her ears and the only thing she could feel was the erratic thumping of his heart against her fingers.  After clearing his throat one more time, he stated, "We need to get you dried off, and I'm thinking you'll need something for the pain."  But instead of breaking apart and getting dried off, she remained glued to where she was standing.  He remained right there with her.  She didn't want to break this embrace.  In this cushy little bubble that she was living currently, everything was perfect.  Everything was right in her world.  She had someone she could lean on and count on.  She had the help she needed to get her through this.  She felt like someone actually cared about her.  She knew that there was attraction, and she didn't remember attraction ever feeling this good.  If only I wasn't blind. If only I could see his reactions instead of just hearing them.  Oh, what I would do to see him.

He was the first to break the embrace, but she stood stock still where he left her.  She felt bereft of his touch and his closeness, and she wanted more of it.  She didn't know what it was about this man, but she wanted him like her next breath.  She felt a large fluffy towel touch her back, and she took her corners to wrap herself in the warmth.  "I think we need to talk," Amy told him, worried that he would get the wrong idea about her. 

"Let's not kill this with ... talking."  So I guess talking about this is out of the question?  But I want to make my side known.

"Well, I like you, and I really appreciate you being in my life, Jason."

"See... I knew you would kill it with talking.  Just stop, Amelia."  He drew out the syllables of her name.  What the hell is that about?  We just had like the most amazing kiss, and he's hissing out my name?  Hmmph.

A/N:  So it is what it is.  Take his frustration for what you think it is.  I'm not going to tell you where I think it's coming from, but I'm pretty sure you get it. So they just had their first kiss.  What do you think?  Let me know what you think about their budding relationship, how she feels about him right now, how damn klutzy she is, how just cute you think they are together—or not cute, either way is ok.  As always, constructive criticism is welcome.

Until next time, lovelies.  Ta!