The Light Behind Your Eyes

I woke up to the smell of eggs. "Ame?" I asked opening my eyes a bit. I groaned and got out of bed and put on my boxers before walking downstairs. "Amethyst?" I asked looking in the kitchen. "Morning." She said not turning to me. I kissed her neck and then laughed gently looking at it. "Damn I got you good babe." She giggled and turned to me. Her eye was purple. "Babe! What the fuck! What happened to you?! Holy shit." I said grabbing both sides of her head and looking at the bruise. "You're daughter and my best friend came for a visit..." She said with a shrug, "I think she's angry with me." Amethyst said with a sigh. I rubbed her stomach gently. "CHERRY!" I yelled storming up to the guest bedroom. I opened the door and folded my arms looking at my daughter laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling. "Cherry Iero." "Don't fucking patronize me, dad. That's my best fucking friend. She's my best friend and you're together and having a baby. Do you know how fucked up that is?!" She screamed sitting up and looking at me. "Cherry..." I mumbled. "I'M NOT DONE!" She yelled. I sighed and sat next to her, "You dont see it do you? She's 18, LIKE ME! and you're 48. That's disgusting!" I ran my hands through my hair. "I love her." I mumbled. "OKAY! AND I LOVE JOHNNY DEPP BUT HES 50 THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WOULD WANT IT TO WORK BETWEEN US BECAUSE HES FUCKING ANCIENT AND HE'D DIE BEOFRE I EVEN TURNED 40." "Well Cherry you don't know that I mean he could live to be-" "YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE!? DAD!" Cherry yelled. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Cherry, I love her and she loves me." "THATS NOT THE POINT AND YOU FUCKING KNOW IT." She yelled. "Do not yell at me." "You're going to be dead before your 'baby' turns 30. I hope you die before your baby is even born." She said angrily before storming out. "CHERRY!" I yelled running down the stairs after her. "And you're supposed to be my best friend!" "Cher... I'm sorry... I can't help who I love." Cherry laughed angrily, "YES! Yes you fucking can, I've seen you do it before!" "I don't want to stop loving him..." Amethyst said looking down. Cherry laughed and shook her head. "Great! This is great! I fucking hate the both of you! And I hate your bastard fucking child."  "Watch it." I said walking towards Cherry. "OR WHAT?! YOU'LL DISOWN ME?! Please...do... Mom was right about you. All you care about is fucking everything up." "Okay Cherry that's...that's enough." Amethyst said, "DON'T FUCKING TALK TO ME!" cherry yelled before punching Amethyst again. "Ame!" I jumped and caught he before she fell. "I got you babe. I'm sorry you feel this way Cherry. Really I am." I picked Amethyst up bridal style and layed her down on the couch. "Go. Try." Amethyst said pushing me towards the kitchen. I heard her groan and sob as I walked into the kitchen. "I don't deserve to be involved in this fuckery." "You're right. You don't I'm sorry." "Sorry doesn't make up for the money I'm going to need for a therapist." Cherry said walking towards the door. "Cherr-" "Just... forget it." She said before slamming the door behind her. I closed my eyes and grinded my teeth. "Shit, man..." I sat on the bottom step of the staircase and groaned. I took in a deep breathe and smelt cigarette smoke. "Amethyst." I said standing up. "What?" She sobbed. I walked into the living room. "No! Babe, no." I said pulling the cigarette out of her mouth. She sobbed and put her hands to her face. "Come here babe." I said sitting down on the couch. She layed her head on my lap and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry." She cried. "It's not our fault that we love each other. Its just the way it is babe." I took a drag of the cigarette before putting it out in the ash tray. "I love you." She whispered. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I love you too baby." I put my hand on her stomach and felt the baby kick. I smirked and put my head back on the couch cushion. "I have a massive headache." Amethyst commented rubbing her stomach. "I can't believe she punched you babe." "I can." Amethyst said, "I should have grounded her." Amethyst giggled, "Cute." She sat up cautiously and kissed my lips gently before standing up. "Where are you going baby?" I asked rubbing her stomach from behind while walking with her. "To wash those fucking dishes." She said smiling, I smirked. All I kept thinking was 'Bastard child.' "Babe I'm going out." I said walking upstairs. "Where?" She asked turning around. I looked at her belly and smiled. "It's a surpise." "Frank, I hate surprises." Amethyst said. "Yes Ame, I know." I called back walking into the bedroom. "You suck!" She called up to me. "Yes Ame! I know!" I said with a laugh.