For Amethyst

"I don't think that's right, we were told a girl." I said rubbing the back of my neck, "No this is definitely a boy." Dr. Garver said bring the baby to be cleaned, I looked over at Amethyst who shrugged, "Now what?" I mumbled to her before kissing her forehead. "What are we going to name him?" I ask trying to peak at our son. "Frank Anthony Iero the third?" Amethyst whispered to me, I shrugged, "That sounds good to me baby." I said grabbing her hand, she looked tired, no exhausted more like. Her eyes were drooping her legs were still propped up, and hair was clinging to her forehead due to sweat. I pushed her hair back an nuzzled into her neck. "Can I see him now?" Amethyst asked weakly. "Almost ready." Garver said examining him, Frank cried out at the loss of the blanket holding him, "He's cold!" Amethyst yelled upset, "One more second." Garver said calmly, Ame looked at me with worried eyes, "Baby... it's okay." I whispered as she put her face into my chest. "There we go. All better." She said wrapping the baby up again, once he was wrapped up, he was quiet. Garver handed Amethyst our son and once I saw him my knees buckled, "He's so precious." Amethyst whispered as Frank opened his eyes, his eyes were bright blue like all babies were when they are born. "That's my son." I whisper to Amethyst, she smiles gently but the smile doesn't meet her eyes. "What's wrong?" I whispered as Frank closes his eyes, "Nothing." She mumbled looking down at Frank. "Let me hold my son." I say smiling at him. She hands him over with out a single word and stares at her feet at the end of her bed. "We have to take him for a check up to make sure everything is okay internally." "Alright!" I said before kissing his forehead and handing him off to the nurse.

Amethyst and I sit in silence, "Why don't you take a nap?" I ask rubbing her shoulder, "No. I'm fine." She mumbled still staring  at her feet. "Baby what's the problem?" I asked before kissing her temple, she frowned, "Do you really have to ask?" I nodded, "Tell me." As she opened her mouth Gerard bursts through the door with a smile on his face, "Where is she?!" He said happily clapping his hands together. "It's a he, and he's in the medical ward getting checked up on." "A he?!" He went wide eyed, Amethyst nodded, "He has a tiny pee pee I guess." Gerard laughed loudly and walked over to kiss his forehead. She smiled up at him as he held her hands. She's normal with him! What the fuck is going on?! What is her issue?! "I'm going to go and get some coffee. I'll be back in a few minutes." As Gerard leaves Amethyst goes back into quiet mode.

Quietness.

Silence.

Nothing.

"Seriously?!" I yelled looking up from my head in my hands. "What's the issue?!" I yelled at her, she just looked at me passively, "What do you want me to say Frankie?" "I want you to tel me your problem." I said grasping both of my hands. "The problem is, is that we can't go around pretend that, that is your baby." Excuse me?