Off to The City of Love

Chapter 24: Off to The City of Love

Darcy's P.O.V.

My mind couldn't take it. My eyes were brimming with the happy kind of tears. My hands were shaking as he intertwined his hands in mine. My heart ached for him.

That's when I knew that I was starting to love him too, because everyday there's something new about him to love. I slipped my hands from his hands to his shoulders and hugged him tight. Letting everything around us fade away, making it just him and me.

"I believe you, Harry," I whispered gently, "And I know that we can go through this together, you and me right?"

"You and me," he reassured, hugging me tightly, leaving so little space between us.

"I'm going to be here for you," I say louder this time, "Always."

I didn't know if I should tell him that I love him back just yet. I'm scared because I suck at this. First timer over here. But I guess he didn't mind because he slowly pulled away awhile after.

He smiled his famous cheeky Styles smile and opened the picnic basket beside him, "So, who wants lunch?"

And that's how we spent the afternoon together. No screaming fans. No paparazzi. Just him and me.

_____________________

I took one last glance at the breath taking view and got into the car. This was my last day in London, no more posh city life. But I guess it was time I left this place and explore the damn world. I needed a breather. I needed to feel free. I needed to get out of here. As Harry started driving, I didn't take my glance off the car window. I still can't believe it was real. Everything's happening and changing so fast that I don't even know what's real anymore. I sucked at change, never good at it, never liked it. I didn't like it when we first moved to London, I didn't like it when Gavin left for college, I didn't like it that my dad's MIA. But the one change I liked is that Harry and I are together now and that's what I'm going to focus on right now.

The ride back to the hotel was the longest car ride for me. It was raining and the busy streets were full of cars and moving people. But we got back just in time, bumping into Louis and Eleanor at the entrance. We waved at them but they didn't seem to notice as Louis was giving his goodbyes. The car was parked and Harry and I dashed to the entrance despite the pouring rain.

"Just like old times?" he laughed as our clothes dripped on the hotel's carpeted floor.

"Just like old times," I smiled back, pulling him to the lift as not to cause more trouble.

Before the doors closed, Bob joined us inside, "My keys?" Harry fished the keys out of his pocket and gave them to Bob.

"Looks like you two had fun," he remarked, looking at our wet clothes.

"Of course we did," Harry smiled while taking my hand, "What's the plan after this?"

"We leave in an hour so take a shower, get dressed, pack your things," Bob started listing down the schedule for tonight's hectic pace, "It take half an hour to drive to the airport if traffic cooperates wih us. Then you'd have to fix yourselves up for a quick 1 hour meet and greet with your fans, another hour to grab some dinner and at 8 we all fly to Paris. No changing of plans, no shortcuts, no messing around, the airport security's at its top notch tonight but we shouldn't be that relaxed after last night's marathon. Sounds good?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" instinctively both of us saluted at Bob.

He let out a chuckle and patted our backs, "Be good, kids." Then he opened the elevator doors for us, we got out and he went back down.