Date Night

Chapter 27: Date Night

Harry's P.O.V.

Everybody has their own set of crazy mannerisms they aren't fully aware of that only come out when they are being eaten alive by guilt. Truth to be told, I've pointed out her guilt mannerisms a long, long time ago and she thinks she can manipulate and may be able to fool everyone else, but not me. Not a chance, love. We've known each other for far too long for her to even fool me. I know her like the back of my hand. You know it when Darcy's hiding something from you when she stares intently and suddenly becomes so interested in her damn nails, her finger nails. She would stare at them the whole day if she has to just to keep herself busy, trying to keep her walls up so high. Next, she becomes so fidgety that she couldn't just stay in her seat. Basically, she's just so easily distracted and it's a tad bit annoying.

And she's doing it right now.

I can't believe that things could turn upside down in a matter of minutes. One minute, Darcy's so giddy and excited to see me and then suddenly all that excited was drained from her causing her to act so weirdly.

The whole car ride with her was a complete utterly silence. You can even try dropping a pin and you would probably hear it crystal clear. The silence was unbearable, I'm not used to not hearing her voice that was often rambling about absolutely anything; how she wasn't a fan of wearing dresses, why the sky is darn blue, how did Zayn get into drawing, why is Niall always hungry, when did Liam and Danielle and Louis and Eleanor get together, how did I get curly hair, what is the capital of Antarctica, why doughnuts have holes in the middle, so on and so forth. I'd rather have her bug me or rant on me than this.

I glanced at her to see her pair of eyes fixed on the road ahead instead of her nails. Her hands are clasped together, shaking nervously in her lap.

"Okay Styles, you caught me," she scoffed while shifting in her seat so she would be facing me, "I'm doing it again aren't I?"

I chuckled solemnly and gave her a smile, "You aren't really good with hiding your secrets, Dj. You might think you could probably fool everyone else, but not me. Show's over love, what's bothering you?"

"I didn't want to ruin tonight with my problems. I'm tired of crying over the things that are going really wrong in my life. I've already been bawling since yesterday. You don't deserve to always pick up my broken pieces and drown in my tears, Harry. You're supposed to be happy, enjoying all this. You should even be partying the night away! I heard Bob over the phone awhile ago while he came over to check on me and he was talking about this celebration party to kick off your tour. I'm such a drag and I'm sorry. I mess everything up," she cried out, burying her face in her trembling hands.

I immediately pulled over to the nearest cul-de-sac and unbuckled my seat belt. "Hey, you didn't make a mess. Don't be too hard on yourself, Darce. It isn't your fault, stop thinking that it is. I can't stand seeing you like this. Look at me."

She quickly obeyed my command and slowly turned to look at me, greeting me with her pale, white and ghost-like face. All her problems seemed to suck all the sunshine out of her pretty face. I took her hand in mine and started rubbing circles around her soft palm to calm her nerves down.

"I do that because I care for you," I whispered.

"You do what?" she squeaked, putting her head lightly on my shoulder, light as a feather.

"All this," I spread my long arms as wide as I can to prove my point, "I care about you, love. I'm willing to do anything and everything for you, you know that right? I'm here to help you pick up your pieces and put them all back together. I want to make you feel more than just the sum of your parts. You're the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I'm not going anywhere, I'm just here."