See Paris Through My Eyes

Chapter 25: See Paris Through My Eyes 

Darcy's P.O.V.

"Oui!" I said through the telephone even if don't even know what the hell she's saying, "Oui, oui!"

As I put the phone down, someone's voice perked up through the door, "That was the first time I heard someone say 'Oui' that many times."

I turned around and rolled my eyes at Zayn, "It's like you could've done better."

He crossed to my side of the room and sat down at the plush two-seater sofa facing the balcony. "Je suis désolé, je ne comprends pas," says Zayn as if it's the most common sentence in the world. I didn't know he spoke French well.

He made room for me at the sofa and patted the seat beside him. I didn't know why I allowed myself to sit this near to Zayn when my boyfriend is in the suite beside mine. We didn't talk for awhile, just admiring the picturesque view Paris has to offer. Saying that it was just beautiful would be the understatement of the century. I've only dreamt of traveling to Paris and now that I'm here, I honestly don't know what to do. Everything's like make believe to me. The Eiffel tower's just a few blocks away and it was even more wondrous sight at night.

The lads and I arrived at our grand hotel, with a name I couldn't pronounce and a name Niall keeps making fun of, about half an hour ago and everyone was dead tired. Liam was the first one to crash surprisingly and Niall followed suit but then he was too lazy to even get to his room so he ended up sleeping in the couch in the main room. Louis dropped by my room awhile ago to say goodnight and handed me something from Eleanor. Harry came in after him, hugging me goodnight and telling me that if I ever need anything, I'd go to him right away. A few minutes after he left, Zayn arrived and I still didn't know why.

I tried looking at him, I tried. But Zayn's not beside me anymore. I notice that the balcony's door is open so I guess he needed a little air. How could I not notice him leaving? Before I even knew it, I found myself walking out to the balcony too, looking for him.

"It's cold out," he said without glancing back, "you should get back inside."

"Well I can't," I replied nonchalantly, "because this is my room and if I go back inside and lock the glass doors, you'll be stuck out here all night long freezing to death."

"Looks like someone cares about me," he sounded cheerful and I swear my face is blushing so hard. How can he do that?

I shrugged, "You're stubborn so I'm staying outside with you until you come back in." I walked to stand near him, a good feet between us, near the railings and I saw what he was seeing. From up here, you couldn't hear the honking cars and the loud and busy night markets. You could see a vast amount of Paris laid out in front of you. The city lights are just fascinating and Paris was a busier city at night. Everyone seems to be awake, enjoying the night away.

"Look there," he pointed to the Arc de Triomphe, "it's amazing how the people who designed this city decided to put it in the middle of everything."

We passed by the monument before going to the hotel but I didn't notice it up close. But now far up, it is in the middle of the city, glimmering lights around it. I smiled at him as he scooted closer.

"You doing anything tomorrow?" he asked softly.

I thought about tomorrow which was in a few hours away due to the fact that it must be midnight by now and I realized I had nothing planned except for sleeping in and maybe calling Gavin to check up on them.

"Nothing actually," I say before I yawn, "do you?"

"We have rehearsals in the afternoon," he says, his eyes are twinkling under the moonlight oh good Lord he looked amazing, "but in the morning, we're free to do anything we want. I was planning to show you around, if that's okay with you."