Don't Forget Where You Belong

Chapter 32: Don't Forget Where You Belong

Harry's P.O.V.

"You did what?" I yell furiously at Danielle while being held back by Louis and Niall by having an awfully tight grip on both my arms.

The 4 of us-- Danielle, Niall, Louis and I-- were stuck in a random street in the beautiful Aberdeen. Instinctively, I ran after Darcy but damn she was fucking fast. It's like she teleported to a place far away in a flash right before your very eyes. I couldn't find her anywhere. I've been asking the locals but they all looked puzzled because they didn't notice a madwoman in a sparkly and unmissable silver dress running out of the theater. How could they miss her?

The paps crowded me the moment I ran out into the red carpet but there was this one lad. This one lad who weirdly stood out even if he looked just the same like all the media shoving microphones and cameras up my face. He looked young, mischievous and trouble seemed to be tattooed all over his forehead. He winked at me and pointed to the west side of town. As he mouthed the word go, I surprisingly took off and followed directions from this random stranger because it's better than nothing right?

I dashed out of the crowd into the hustle and bustle of the damp streets in hopes in finding her. Every time I bump into someone, I always wish it will be her but fate always seemed to think otherwise.

As I ran out of breath, it was only then that I noticed I wasn't the only one running. When I glanced back I could see Niall's blond hair and Louis' and Danielle's figures trailing behind him. I quickly started walking away because I wasn't in the mood to talk to any of them. Had they known she would do this all along?

I could hear Danielle's shouts from behind and Louis' yelling but it was Niall who caught up to me. I vigorously shook him off but he already placed a tight grip on my arm, his finger nails digging into my skin. In no time, the others caught up to us and here we are in the midst of a sea of people trying not to strangle each other.

"I didn't know she was going to run off!" Danielle repeated, massaging her temples, "I didn't know she was going to do this, Harry. It wasn't my fault."

"She's right, mate," Niall cooed, trying to calm me down, "Stop this. We have to go back."

"But you didn't do anything!" I continued screaming at them, "Danielle, she was right beside you and you let her go!"

"Maybe it's fate that she left," Louis mumbled but I heard it crystal clear.

"What the fuck did you say?" I deadpanned.

"I said it's better that she left!" his voice was now an octave higher. "She isn't doing you any good. You get easily distracted when she's there! She's just a huge pain in the--"

"Don't you even dare finish the sentence, Tomlinson," I gritted through my teeth, "What's gotten into you? You adore Darcy."

"You adore Darcy, Harry," he states while taking a step back from me, "I don't even know who you are anymore."

With that, Louis slowly walked away from us and made his way back to the theater. I looked to Niall but his stormy eyes were now covered by his messy blond hair. He seemed to be humming this Irish lullaby because it helped relaxed my nerves. Danielle took a seat at the crook of the sidewalk, burying her head in her hands. Her whole body started trembling in front of us. Niall exhaled an audible gasp and he gently put his hand on her shaking shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," Danielle's eyes were bloodshot and all her make up's already smeared and ruined, "I'll help you find her. I'll do anything, Harry. Please. I'm so so sorry."