Find You

Chapter 33: Find You

Zayn's. P.O.V.

"Did you try tracing her back at London? The incoming trains or flights?" Niall asked me as he freshly got out of the shower, his blond hair still dripping wet. As of tonight, we surprisingly managed to finish our 5th show without Darcy. Everything seems so different without her honestly. There's this one huge vibe piece to our performance that's been taken away ever since she's gone missing. Maybe it's her charming aura or her simply amazing personality or her feisty vibe that's giving us the edge but now it's gone. It's almost been a week now and there's still no sign of her anywere. No one's heard of her ever since, it's like she just vanished into thin air, disconnecting herself from everyone else especially us. Even Harry doesn't have a clue on where his girlfriend is and it's driving him crazy! I switched off the laptop and pushed it to the far side of the bed in frustration.

"She wouldn't go back there, Niall," I try to explain to him for the 2nd time around, "She wouldn't go back there. She wouldn't dare go back. London's the last place we're going to look."

"That's the point!" Niall swats his freshly picked green shirt at me, "She would make us think that she wouldn't go back there so we wouldn't look for her there. What if she's just there all along, right under our noses, back with her family and we didn't even try looking for her there at all? Knowing Darcy, she'd go back home. The girl might be pretty good at using reverse psychology on us you know?"

I stare blankly at Niall but he sure did look serious, no trace of fun and games were on his face, just plain old Niall minus the usual goofiness. "Okay okay, I'll tell Bob to join London into the search."

"This is your shot you know," Niall tells me while I rub my temples.

"My shot at what?" I ask.

"To get the girl, to get Darcy, you moron," he chuckles, "If you find her first, you have the edge! You can go on hours reciting the poetry you've made her, confessing your undying love for her!"

"I don't write poetry about her, Horan," I scoff, glaring at him.

"Well then Mr. Malik, what is this I have here in my hands?" he playfully digs out my old notebook from underneath the bed sheets and spins it around in midair with only a finger.

"Give it back!" I quickly grab hold of the notebook but Niall's too quick to my liking and pulls it away from my grasp.

He gave me a devious look before casually flipping through the pages and then suddenly his eyes light up, probably stopping at something he likes. "You're so pretty when you cry when you cry Wasn't ready to hear you say goodbye Now you're tearing me apart tearing me apart You're tearing me apart."

"You're so London, your own style, your own style We're together it's so good so girl why are you tearing me apart tearing me apart? You're tearing me apart," I proclaim, knowing the words by heart.

Niall smirks at me as he looks up from the pages and that was my chance to grab the notebook away from him. "What's this about? When have you been writing?" he asks before taking the hotel phone. He's probably going to order from room service again.

"During flights, breaks in between rehearsals, when I couldn't sleep on the bus and while you're snoring at night," it was my turn to smirk at him and he sticks a tongue out back at me.

"Possible future song lyrics, eh?"

"Hopefully one of our biggest hits."

With that Niall smiled, one of his genuine Niall smiles, at me before turning all his attention on the menu he was holding in his hand and ordering our-- probably only his-- food. I get out of bed and open the balcony doors. Cardiff sure looks even more beautiful at night, if only Darcy was here to see this. I walk out and admire the view on my own, my thoughts never straying away from her. Where could she be? Why did she runaway? Is she safe right now wherever she is?