Me Sounding Like a Beluga Whale

Chapter 26: Me Sounding Like a Beluga Whale

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Why do you like it up here, so high?" I asked, out of breath as we reached the ledge.

She let go of my hand and spread out her arms as if she was a damn bird. Breathing in the cool air, she replied matter-of-factly, "When I feel like I'm on top of the world, it's like I could just escape all my problems and fears for awhile you know? It gives me time to rethink of all the crazy decisions I've been making."

I pout when I heard 'crazy decisions' because that includes her coming with us but I guess she saw me. "Crap Zayn, I didn't mean it like that. Being here with you guys, in Paris, is probably the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me," she added quickly.

I looked at her to see her returning my gaze, her beautiful eyes looking right back at me. Darcy is honestly the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She doesn't have to try to look good, she's drop dead gorgeous. Her simplicity is what makes me like her all the more. I really wish her thing with Harry's nothing too serious. I'd be damned if I see her end up with him. Suddenly, I feel her arms around me, enveloping me in a tight hug. I was too busy with my messed up thoughts to see it coming. But of course I hugged her back, her head rested on the crook of my neck. What surprised me even more is that I heard sniffling and sobbing. I knew something was wrong.

Slowly pulling away from her, I wrapped my arm around her waist and used the other to wipe away the tears falling quickly down her pretty face.

"Shhh," I say gently, cupping her face, "What's wrong Darce? Tell me what's wrong. I can't bear seeing you like this."

Her bright eyes are now so glassy and she just shook her head solemnly. I pulled her towards me and let her cry on my shoulder. I patted her back and continued comforting her with all the ways I know how.

I'd do anything for her and there we stood wrapped around each other, while she cried her heart out.

Darcy's P.O.V.

"Goddamnit Zayn, that was so embarrassing!" I laugh, as he pulled a chair for me to sit on after he finished ordering our food.

"Come on," he smiled at me, "no one saw it. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, thanks to you. It's just that after everything that happened to my dad, then our family's breaking apart and now here I am crying like a beluga whale in front of you," I groaned and covered my face with my hands.

I hear him laughing at the mention of the beluga whale. His laugh is so sexy, how can a laugh be that sexy? This guy is making me crazy. I can feel my cheeks heating up again.

"You didn't sound that bad!" his roaring laughter continued and I sighed loudly from embarrassment. Wow, not that bad, so I still sounded bad? That's really comforting, Zayn.

After his laughing fit, he leaned closer. I can feel it that he leaned closer even if my hands were covering my eyes and my eyes were tightly shut.

"Look at me, Darce."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you're making fun of me."

"I'm not!"

"You are!"

"Look at me."

I plainly shook my head in response, I hope the people in the café weren't minding at us because we acted so immaturely. Way to go, Zayn and Darcy. He took me by surprise when I felt the warmth of his hands against mine, slowly prying them away from my face. I hope I wasn't nervously shaking because that would cause another laugh for him and another embarrassing scene for me. When he settled our hands on the table, I slowly opened my eyes to find out that our faces were just centimeters apart. If one of us dared to move, our mouths would smack against each other. It was too early in the morning for mouths smacking against each other and it will be so damn wrong, knowing that Harry's my boyfriend.