Chapter 26

Lea's POV

Small tears of joy cascade from my eyes as my baby boy clutches Harry's jumper for comfort. Sitting cross legged on the floor adjacent from Harry the tears don't seem to cease. The bright happy smile that had overtaken Harry's face has now faded. A concerned expression clouds the green of his eyes as he places Ryder down kneeling next to me.

"What's wrong?" He ask almost inaudible.

A few moment of silence pass between us before I slow my crying to speak.

"He's growing up so fast Harry, everything seems like a blur that has happened since he was born. My life has been absolutely crazy."

Not once do I meet my eyes with his, instead my glare remains on the slightly beat up panels of the wood flooring. Lifting my chin with a gentle touch Harry meets our eyes.

"Please don't be upset Lea."

"I'm sorry Harry, I'm just trying to pull myself together."

"You're going to get through this, we're going to get through this."

Cupping my jaw with his strong hands, Harry swiftly presses his lips to mine. Our lips move perfectly with one another's our tongues gliding over each others like everything in this dreadful world was aligned perfectly. I've kissed a lot of guys, some better than others, but the way Harry kissed was completely unique to everyone I have ever been with. Gentle is a word that comes to mind, but as he deepens the kiss he becomes rough yet gentle simultaneously. Leaning, my back is now pressed against the cold chill of the flooring, Harry hovering over my body balancing his weight. He begins to rock his body against mine, moving his hips slightly to meet our bodies together. The kiss has escalated to means far beyond gentle as the warmth of his hands travels beneath the hem of my sweater, his touch leaving goose bumps in their wake. We are both torn from the intimacy by the crying nearly two feet from us.

"I totally forgot he was there." Harry breathes removing his hands from my shirt, before running them through the curls that have fallen onto his forehead.

"You made me forget." A smirk pulling at the edges of my lips. Harry's dimples deepen as he removes himself off of me allowing myself to escape and tend to Ryder.

"Wait there let's see if he'll walk to you." Harry suggests.

"Okay."

Remaining still Harry pulls Ryder to his feet balancing him. In a few short seconds he begins to walk only making it mere inches before falling into an array of decretive pillows.  Harry assisting Ryder several attempts after, he seems to regain a steady pace as he takes steps towards me.

"Come to mommy."

Walking faster Ryder falls into my lap in a fit of giggles, a spare tear falling from my eyes.

"I love you so much Ryder." I tightly hug my son in my arms kissing his cheeks before placing him back down.

Harry's POV

Watching Lea display her love for her son is so tragically beautiful. She's made it clear that Ryder wasn't a planned pregnancy, and having him denied a lot of things for her. For fucks sake her parents kicked her out and refused to make any bit of contact with their daughter, and for that I hate them. In the future I could only hope Lea will open herself up to me and tell me about the circumstances of her son. All I know as of right now is that no matter what happened she still loves him will all of her heart, and unlike her parents, seeing Lea abandon Ryder doesn't even seem to be an option, ever.

Lately, curiosity has gotten the best of me. Much different than Lea's dark waves, Ryder has blonde ones. Lea was hurt, she's still hurting because of whoever fathered this child, but I'm here to piece her back together to fix the beautiful broken girl I'm falling desperately for. Images of the scars that line her arms dance around my mind on a daily bases, she seems to have pulled herself from the deepest, darkest place that has corrupted her in the past, but she's struggling to climb the last steep mountain that stands in her way, filled with obstacles she has convinced herself are impassable. Who the fuck is Ryder's father, and that's what I'm dying to find out.