Chapter 31

I look to Harry with pleading eyes, desperate to know who this mystery girl is and why she is so smug with him.

"Kaylee..." Harry says, his jaw clenched.

"It's been a while Harry." Small waves of anger come crashing down on me, hitting harder than they should. Her footsteps drag her closer to Harry than what I'm comfortable with. My eyes avert their attention between the two, Harry's eyes wide, appearing almost black with his expanding pupils.

Setting her wine glass down on the marble counter top, before wrapping her arms around Harry, with my son in his arms. Frantically he pulls from her grasp, as she attempts to hold him tighter. She looks almost embarrassed, unwanted; how I've felt my whole life until I found Harry.

"You know, you've grown since I last saw you." Her eyes rake up and down his lean, fit body taking in every detail. How I am not slapping that fucking smirk off her face right now?

"Who's this?" With heals extremely to high for her, she searches my eyes for an answer, but I'd rather not speak to some girl practically drooling over my boyfriend.

"Lea, my girlfriend." Reassuringly Harry wraps his arm firmly around my waist, almost reading my mind. Kaylee's once devilish grin falls, defeat washing over her.

"And this is your son?" Completely ignoring me, she focuses back to Harry.

"Uh..well.."

"It's my son." I blurt, making my point.

"Oh I see."

'You see what you little bitch', the thought is there but the words aren't. Alexia and Niall welcomed us into their home for a nice Thanksgiving meal with friends, and I certainly will not destroy the evening because of the jealously pulsing through me. It's quite obvious in the past that Kaylee and Harry shared something; I have no idea what but I know for a fact there's a fair amount of history. My mind travels back to the night Harry had taken me out with him, ending with me in the hospital. With the memory of a goldfish I can't recall all the girls names I had talked too who had led me to believe Harry was a dark, dangerous person with a past I couldn't handle; but they were wrong. Everyone has their history whether you let it effect you or not I believe is a choice; mine has judging by the raised and jagged white scars lining various parts of my body.

"Hi how are you Lea?" A enthusiastic voice fills the tension stricken air.

"I'm good Niall, and yourself?" I smile.

"Great actually, I would hug you hello but I'm a mess from cookin'."

His apron is splattered, a diversity of colors smudged into the cloth as he wipes his hands. Ryder begins to grow antsy in Harry's arm before settling him down; wobbling a few seconds before falling to Alexia's feet.

"My favorite little man." Alexia's hugs Ryder, "Go get a drink you two I'll take him for now." Waving us off Harry and I set off to the kitchen, leaving Kaylee alone to wallow.

Harry pulls me aside, using his finger to lift my chin so our eyes meets. "Don't worry Harry, we can talk later okay?"

"Your not mad?"

"Why would I be, you're mine now."

"Just needed to hear you say it babe." The ever so famous smirk tugs at Harry's lips before placing a feathery kiss to my lips. We stroll around the kitchen fetching ourselves two glasses of white wine, Harry introducing me to a few friends as we walk. Most of them are kind, and seem to be warmhearted; unlike when Harry and I first met when I was still working as a waitress, nearly molested by one of his 'friends'.