Chapter 8

The kiss is short, yet full of so much lust. As our lips connected every worry in the world seemed to disappear.

Harry pulled away, untangling his fingers from my hair shooting me a wink and vanishing down the hall, saying nothing more. Leaving me there speechless.

Pulling myself out of my lustful daze I turn back around and turn my key which was already placed in the lock. Walking into the apartment Alexia is asleep on the couch with Ryder in her lap.

“Alexia.” I whisper into her ear doing my best not to startle her.

Her eyes slowly flicker open at the sound of my words.

“Lea, oh my gosh I’m so sorry I fell asleep.” Worry washing across her face.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t think I was going to be gone that long.”

“I don’t even remember dozing off.” I can tell she has calmed down, from my words.

“Thanks again, I can’t keep bothering you I need a full time sitter.” I truly do need a full time sitter, I hope I can find one as good as Alexia though.

“I’m here whenever you need me, so how was your date.”

“It was just dinner.” I’m lying to myself. It was a date, the touch of Harry’s lips still lingering on mine.

“If you don’t mind me asking, who was this so called dinner with?” A smirk is present on her face.

“Oh just a friend from work, didn’t I mention that to you.” I punch her arm playfully knowing she is just praying for more information from me.

“Yeah I know.” I laugh escapes from her lips.

She slips her foot back into her shoes and slides her sweatshirt over her head. Saying one last goodbye she’s out the door.

Lifting Ryder from the couch I carry his fragile body into the bedroom laying him down on the mattress. Kicking off my heels and removing the pearls in my ears I finally take this dress off. Unclasping the button from behind my neck and unzipping the dress is a whole lot easier than zippering it.

Allowing the dress to drop into a pool of fabric on the floor I replace it with my pajamas.

Pulling up the comforter I snuggle mine and Ryder’s bodies under the warm blanket.

As tired as I am I find myself staring up at the ceiling thinking about my night with Harry. His touch still lingers on my skin.

**       **       **       **      **       **        **       **       **

The next few days pass quickly consisting of work and errands, and of course a little bit of Harry. I finally found a permanent babysitter in town and let Alexia know I would only need her presence if the sitter turns out to be a flunk. Maybe we can finally see each other without her being there to come to my rescue.

I’m disappointed to find out the restaurant will only carry me part time. I was told I would only be working once or twice a week. Good thing the rent on the apartment is low or else I would be evicted quicker than I would have time to react. Although I like my job at the restaurant I may need to find a new one. Since I have a babysitter now I can work more often, so I’ve been debating on whether to quit the restaurant and just find a new job.

It’s nearly 3 o’clock and I still haven’t showered. Ryder’s busy occupying himself with some blocks and I decided to make us some soup, cheddar broccoli soup to be exact. It’s my all time favorite and Ryder loves it too. My Grandma use to make it from scratch for my birthday, it was outrageous.