Chapter 23

Harry's attempts of deepening the sweet kiss are destroyed as I pull my lips away, almost whining at the loss of friction.

The beating of my heart could be heard from a mile away, panic coursing through my veins. The fragile boy that stands in front of me, a confused expression crinkling his features is to delicate for me. The events that haunt Harry's past are truly heartbreaking and I cannot take the risk of shattering this incredible boy even more.

"I'm not who you think I am Harry, you're to good for me, I'm damaged." I protest.

"Lea none of that matters, all that matters is this." He says taking my hand in his, the warmth of his body like fire compared the chill overcoming mine.

"I like you Harry, I really like you more than you probably know, but what if things between us suddenly end? What would a say to Ryder?"

"I don't want this to end, all I want is you."

Pacing across the floor my mind is whirling, my thoughts racing. Trying to soothe my quickly beating heart I have no idea if it's the situation or Harry that could make me this insane. Everyday that I've spent with this boy I've been pulled deeper and climbing out now seems nearly impossible.

"Nothing good has come to me in a while, how do I know this isn't too good to be true?"

My legs are growing weak as I watch the defeat build in Harry's jade eyes.

Harry's POV

I seem unable to grasp anything at the moment as I witness the beautiful girl pacing across the floor, frazzled, he footsteps soft despite the situation she is creating for herself.

"So what you're damaged, so am I." I plead.

I move towards Lea, wrapping a arm around the curve of her waist. The tense muscle begin to relax the longer my grip lingers.

"You're so strong Lea, being nineteen with a 11 month old child can't be easy, but you do it all on your own. When I first discovered Ryder was yours, I was taken back. But the amazing girl I've grown to know over the past 3 months proved all my doubts wrong. You make me feel alive again Lea, something I never thought I'd feel again." I breathe continuing.

"I promise I will be here for you every step of the way, but If you want me to go I will." I sigh.

The seconds after my words feel like hours, each of them painstakingly slow seeming like all hope is falling.  My arm still hung around her waist, face to face she directs her gaze on me, our eyes locking sending shocks through my body.

'Stay." She breathes effortlessly meeting our lips for the second time tonight.

Neither of us compete for dominance as we move in perfect sync, as if we were made for each other.

"You fucking make me crazy." I mumble still keeping contact with Lea.

The softness of her lips is a feeling I could never possibly get over, Lea is complete and utter bliss. Ruining the gentle kiss is the tune playing from my back left pocket.

"You should answer that." She says like a fool still trying to continue on.

"It can wait."

Thinking she will allow the call to go to voicemail, I feel her petite hands move from the crook of my neck to the back of my jeans retrieving the device. Before I can stop her actions she is already speaking into the phone.

"We'll be there, I have no babysitter though." She furrows her brows as if waiting for an answer.

"Okay, I'll bring him, bye!"