Chapter 9

Pouring new drinks for Lea and I start to make my way back to the couch. As I’m turning the corner my eyes meet Lea’s.

“Harry.”

 All the blood drains from her tanned face leaving her white as snow. A faint scream leaves her parted lips before she tumbles to the ground, smashing her head against the tiled floor.

Immediately the drinks I’m holding plunge to the ground and I sprint to Lea. Pushing the crowd away that has quickly surrounded her I’m now face to face with her. She only had one drink there is no way she could have passed out from the alcohol. Knowing instantly that something is wrong I lift her up holding her bridal style in my arms. My worst fears come alive as I watch the deep maroon blood run from her ears down her neck hitting the floor, leaving streaks on my arms.

Dashing through the crowd of the party I finally reach fresh air hoping it will wake her up. Rushing to my car I swing open the door to the rear of the car and lay Lea across the seats. The hospital isn’t too far from here and if I speed I can reach it in ten minutes. What the fuck did she do while I was gone?

Possibilities of the worst case scenario are filling my mind rapidly. I can’t let anything happen to her. Not tonight.

I could give a fuck about tickets right now speeding through every red light I come across. Hearing her breathe is a good sign and calms my nerves, but doesn’t satisfy them.

Reaching the hospital I park out front and run inside for help.

“I have my girl- uh my friend in my car, she passed out I don’t know what from, she only had one drink she hit her head on the tile I need help she’s breathing please I need help.” My words are frantic and anyone could barely make sense of them.

“Her ear is bleeding.” I point out the stains on my biceps.

Quicker than I thought five nurses come rushing through the doors rolling a stretcher. They speed to my car parked feet from the entrance of the hospital. Opening the door to reveal Lea she is lifted from the seats and strapped to the stretcher. Blood still seeping from her ear onto the white sheets.

An oxygen mask is placed over her sweet lips aiding her in breathing.

“What happened?” The nurse’s voice is stern.

“She stood up and just fell to the ground, she only had one drink we were at a party there’s no way she is drunk.”

“What did she drink?”My mind suddenly goes dead, I lose every bit of information. I made her the drink I should remember.

“Uh..uhh..”

“Sir we need to know.”

Her harsh words jog my memory causing me to think deeper.

“Rum and coke…it was rum and coke.”

Before the nurse can respond Lea is rushed down the hall behind closed doors. I’m left there alone, thinking of what I missed.

Sitting in the waiting room, I’m beating myself up for letting something like this happen. I knew it was a fucking bad idea to bring her to that party. I’m left with my thoughts for two hours hearing no news on Lea.

Short vibrations erupt in my pocket, assuming it’s from Joey or Josh.

“Name Unavailable.” Flashes across the illuminated screen.

“What.” My words cold and short.

“Is this Harry?”

The voice of a young girl plays into my ear.