Chapter 35

Please Read:

I know this is the first update in two weeks and I am sorry for that. For the past two weeks I have been studying my butt off for two weeks worth of exams that count for a large portion of my grade. I hope everyone can understand and continues reading. Thank you for being patient, I feel terrible for not being able to update. Please remember that this is not my job, even though I would love it to be there are things in my life that need to be taken care of before this story. I love writing and hope to create a career out of it. Thank you again for understanding, now please enjoy the chapter, believe me when I say I'm incredibly sorry for the wait.

Harry’s POV

The music blares through Zayn’s door as I twist the knob, letting myself in. When he said I could come by to talk I expected it to be just us two; not a room full of people. As I step into the apartment, Louis fully pulls the door open; a familiar face. I’d never hung around him much, but he was always quite cool when I did see him out with the guys.

“Harrry, I didn’t expect to seee you hereee.” His words are already slurred. If I did know something about Louis it was that he liked his alcohol.

“Where’s Zayn?” I questioned a little agitated that I was surrouned by sea of intoxited people, my thoughts swimming amongst the notes pumping through the air. A finger is thrown directed towards the living room, I peer inside to see Zayn; Perrie perched on his lap. Both beers in hand and smiling faces the sight is acid to my eyes; Lea and I should be sat like that, happy and enjoying just being in eachothers company.

Zayn’s head turns, his eyes catching mine as I take short strides towards the chair the two love-birds are nested in. Quickly, he jumps up gently moving Perrie off his lap to meet me half way. “Hey man, where you been the past few days?” Pulling me into a hug.

“Around, the usual I guess.” I could tell him the truth, but I choose not too; especially with a room full of people who are sure to here my pathetic whereabouts.

Well I fucked up big time with the girl I love, so I’ve been laying in my apartment for the past four days wallowing in self pity and hatred.

“Oh cool, you want a beer?” He starts back over to his girlfriend, a cooler of ice cold drinks atop the table next to the chair. “Well, uh..I didn’t realize you were having a party.” I’ve been friends with Zayn for ages, before I became a fuck-up, while I was a fuck-up, and while I struggled getting clean. He was the only one I had through my parents death; all those other scumbags could give a fucking shit. For some reason I just feel uneasy around him tonight, I’d trusted him that when I said I wanted to talk that he’d resist throwing a party and just chill; the two of us.

“I figured since you were coming, might as well invite a few others eh?” A few?  More like fucking thirty. Cracking open a beer I hesitantly take it from his hands as he nudges it towards me.

“Harry, lovely to see you here!” Perrie squeals.

“Where’s Lea man, invite her over.” My breath hitches in my throat at the mention of her name, the ache in my chest that I’d been managing to ignore well, resurfacing with a more intensifying burn.

“I’ll text her!” Rising from her position on Zayn’s lap yet again she’s out of the room before I can protest.

“She’s actually the reason why I came here.” I spit the words out because I know if I wait any longer I won’t have the courage to speak them, running my palm over the back of my neck. “I see your-“ The sound of shattering glass travels through the apartment and Zayn takes off to see what fucking prick broke a bottle. I run my hand through my hair, tugging at the roots mimicking the coutless times through frustration I’ve repeated the same motion over and over again. Defeated I allow my body to take comfort in a large lounge chair, crushing the empty can in my hand before cracking open another as the feelings begin to linger within me again. The feeling of longing for something so desperately that I can imagine myself living in the exact moment that has played itself over in my mind so many times; only to be highly disappointed with reality telling you that things aren’t and might never be that way. The feeling of investing every ounce of emotion you’ve ever felt into something only to be left out in the cold and urewarded. Empty beer cans litter the floor surrounding the chair, half of them mine, the other half belong to people I’ve never seen before and don’t care for; I only care for one other person in this dreadful fucking world. Lights flicker, and camera flashes illuminate the dim expanse of the crowded room. With vision starting to go slightly blurry, my body heats and I can feel the sweat beginning to form on my forehead. I get up only to stumble backwards back into the chair scolding myself for drinking such a vast amount sitting down. “Christ, why the fuck did I come here.” I mumble, the words lost in the current of the music.