Chapter Three

I wake up to my brother shaking me. “What’s going on?”I yell

                “You slept through you alarm again. If you don’t hurry up and move you’re going to be late.”I look at the clock and see he is right. I push him out of my way and try to rush to the bathroom before he can see my face, which I know looks like I been crying. “Hey are you okay? Your face is really puffy.”By the time he said that, the door was already closed. “Yea I’m fine its nothing.” I hear the door close and know he is finally gone. I do the usually, bush my teeth and wash my face. The puffiness is practically gone. I put on my makeup, even though I’m not in the makeup kind of mood. I do it anyway, because I don’t want people to think anything. Lastly I brush my hair and walk out the door. Sitting on my bed is Josh. “I thought you just left. Why are you still in here?”I ask trying to keep calm

                “I’m not dumb. I know you been crying. I know it involved Logan. What happened?” I figure I should go ahead and tell him. I know he won’t leave until I do. “Yesterday I went to the mall with Karly and Emily. And they left, so I went to look for them. I saw Logan waving to Emily; she had on her gray hoodie, that’s how I knew it was her.” I begin, he shrugs not getting it. “It was all okay until, they started kissing.” Josh sits there shocked. “You guys were right, Logan is cheating.”

                “It's going to be okay.”

                “I don’t know what to do now.”

                “Breakup with him.”I nod. I know it is the right thing to do, but I can’t. Josh leaves and I grab my bag following him. “I'll drive you to school today.” I nod and go downstairs quickly so I won’t have to talk to my parents. They are in the kitchen not paying attention. I guess everyone was right about Logan, but I still like him.

                “What are you thinking about?”My brother asks me.

                “Well maybe that wasn’t Logan I saw kissing Emily. That may not have even been Emily. It could have been two totally different people. I don’t think Logan would do something like that.”

                “Are you that dumb? A rumor going around and you see a guy that you say look like Logan, which was probably Logan, kissing someone else. Come on now Skylar.” What my brother says makes me mad, even if it might be true. “I'll just ask him.”

                “Oh ya, like he will say yes.” Josh says, shaking his head. The rest of the ride is silent. When we got to the school, Josh pulled me back in when I tried to get out. “Please just make the right decision.” I nod and get out. Josh pulls off to go park and meet up with his friends.

                 While I’m waiting to see my friends, which I don’t want to see. I see a shiny, black limo pull in to the school lot. Around here people aren’t poor, but aren’t rich. They are poor enough for no one to come in a limbo to school. I'm interested now, so like the other student, I look. With the door held open, this beautiful girl hops out. She has wavy brown hair and is generally beautiful. She would have put Kate into shame. When I think that’s it, I see someone else coming out of the car. He is just as beautiful. With the same brown hair. They are both Latin, so they have an exotic look to them. They both walk in to the principal’s office, and the crowd goes back to normal.            

                I’m brought of my haze by Karly. “Hey why did you live us last night? That was really rude of you. Especially not telling us of it. What happened?”

                “I’m sorry I had an emergency.”I say barely able to look at Emily. I still haven’t decided what to do with Logan and Emily. “What kind of emergency? We had to walk home because of your emergency.”Karly says with finger quotes around emergency.