Chapter Eleven

In the morning, the first thing I do is check my phone. I’m hoping Si’las texted me back, but naturally he hasn’t. I get ready, not feeling too good. I really messed up and I can’t even explain myself. I leave avoiding my parents; I really just want to be alone. I can feel the tears wanting to come out. When I get to school I see Si’las and he is alone, but I don’t even try to talk to him. It’s no good. Classes go by in a blur. Mostly because I’m not paying any attention to them. I can’t get my mind off of Si’las.

                Once at home, I see that my parents are gone. “Hello? Josh?”

                “I’m in the kitchen!” He yells. I walk in and see his bad attempt at cooking. “How was school?” I just shrug, because I didn’t pay attention and I don’t remember most of it. “How is the thing going with Si’las?”

                “He saw Logan and me kissing, and he broke up with me.” I confess. Josh looks a little shocked, but he mostly just keep shaking his head. “I keep trying to talk to him, but it’s not working. He won’t even listen.”

                “I don’t blame him. You really messed up. Why were you even kissing Logan?”Josh asks throwing away his food, which was burnt to a crisp.

                “Logan asked me to talk to him and he kissed me, and Si’las just happens to follow me up to the balcony.”

                “So let me guess, you tried to talk to him at school and text him.”

                “Yes.” Josh doesn’t say anything, he just shakes his head. “You need to try to talk to him outside of school and not with a text.” I nod and leave. I can tell Josh is really disappointed in me. I don’t blame him, I am too. I go upstairs and lay in bed before doing school work. I have no idea what I should do to try to get Si’las to talk to me again. Maybe I’ll talk to Scottlyn.

                The next morning, I decided I should talk to her. She knows him better than anyone else at the school does. I look for her all when I get to school, but I don’t see her. When I think of it, I haven’t seen her all week. At lunch I look for her some more, but with no luck. I end up sitting at the same table I sat at yesterday when I had no one else to sit with. The rest of the day goes by the way the yesterday went. Today, the guards are still in the science room, in their same spots. I guess they will be here until all the chaos settles. Something deep down tells me the school isn’t going to settle.

                I’m one of the first ones out of the school when the bell rings. I head to my car, hoping to see Scottlyn. I wait a few minutes, but when I don’t see her I get in my car. I get myself positioned and am about to start the car, when I see her. I take my seatbelt off and hop out of the car. “Hey, Scottlyn wait.” She turns around, and when she sees me she gives me a smile and walks towards me. “Can I talk to you?”

                “It's about Si’las isn’t it?” I nod, “I knew something was wrong with him. But when I ask, he kept saying he didn’t want to talk about it. What happened?” I tell her everything; about how he told me he loves me, about the kiss, and about all the times I tried to call him. While I’m telling her, she nods. “I understand it. It was an accident. I’m positive you didn’t want the kiss from Logan.” She begins, I nod. “But you need to talk to him, face to face, alone. And the love part, don’t say it until you mean it.”

                “Thanks, but when should I talk to him.”She thinks for a little. “I know, tomorrow night my parents will be gone. I’ll go somewhere, and at 7:30 just come over. Tell him everything and beg for him to forgive you. And do something spectacular to prove you mean it.” I nod. She has been totally sweet about it. “Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow.”I say, hugging her. I leave; I need to get home so that I can write out what I want to say. I have most of it in my mind already, and I know what I’m going to do spectacular.