Chapter Twenty-One

“So what happened after that night? Or is that all of the story you just told me?” The psychiatrist asked me.

                “Well, school started up two weeks after. At the end of the school year it went a little back to normal. Josh and me got sent to live with my grandparents a few miles away. Karly went to prison and I never saw Logan again that night. My parents, Nick, and Matt all got sent to the nut house.” He nods and writes it all down.

                I remember that night like it happened yesterday. The night my parents, Nick, and Matt were revealed to be the killers and were all arrested along with Karly.  It all happened 10 years ago tomorrow. Just last week my doctor referred me to him because my depression pills weren’t working. “Okay, so now 10 years later, how are things changed. Well, let’s first start with; where is your brother?”

                “About five years ago, he got married and moved to San Diego.”

                “Okay, what happened to Si’las?”

                “About two years ago he married me.”I say holding up my left hand, showing off my wedding ring.

                “That’s nice, how has that been?”           

                “It was the happiest day of my life. But then the depression started to come. And I try to stay happy for him, but some days that is hard.”He just nods.

Every since that has happened, Si’las hasn’t left my side. He has been there for me. And I love him. “When was the last time you seen your parents, Nick, Matt, or even Karly?”      

                “The night of the party. I haven’t seen none of them since, including Logan. I don’t want to see them.” I reply, I really don’t. They all caused my life to go downhill.

                “That’s fine. I just don’t want you to harbor resentment or hatred.”

                “I don’t, I realize they were all crazy.” He nods.

                “It looks like our time is up, ill would love to see you again next week.”I nod and grab my purse, ready to leave. I know I won’t come back. I head home, feeling a little better than I did before.

                Si’las works for the family business, so he is fairly wealthy. But all the money in the world can’t buy my sanity back. “Si’las I'm home.”I yell, in our house that is far too big for just the two of us.

                “Hey, I'm in the kitchen.”I walk in there and see him stirring something. He drops the spoon and comes to me. “How was it?”

                “Better than I thought it would be.”I say, kissing him on the lips.

                “I'm glad. I want you to be better, my love.”I nod and go into the TV room.

                “Do you need anything from the store?”I ask him.

                “An onion would be good.” I turn to leave, but then think of something. “Do you think it would be bad if I went to visit my father and Karly?” I ask him.

                “No, but why those two?”          

                “They are the least crazy. I need to ask them some questions.” He nods, and pulls me into a hug; after he is done hugging me, he kisses me on the forehead. I leave out when he is done.