Chapter 7~The Band

By luck, work actually went by very smoothly and before you knew it, you were able to get out early. That gave you a chance to send a text to Eren letting him know that you were able to make it to the concert after all. Eren replied to you saying "Sweet!" with a happy emoji next to it. You chuckled to yourself, wondering how someone like Eren could be such a dork.

The minute you finally got out of your workplace, you quickly rushed home and fixed yourself for the night. Once that was done, you drove to the designated area and began to search for Eren through the crowds. Needless to say, it wasn't exactly small and you were surprised to even be able to find a parking space. The only thing you were hoping not to happen was for some jackass to ding your door. Despite being financially responsible, for the most part, you were already on a constant tight budget.

"Where is he?" You wondered. Ten minutes had passed and there was still no sign of Eren. You were just about to pull out your phone to text him when you nearly jumped out of your skin the moment you felt someone tap your shoulder. You whirled around to see a grinning Eren looking right at you.

"Jesus, you scared the living burritos out of me! Don't sneak up on me like that!" You whined.

"Just be happy that I found you before you got trampled in the crowds. People can sure get wild when they encounter good music." Eren smirked.

You scoffed and gave Eren a playful punch to the shoulder. He pretended to be drastically hurt. "Hey! Who do you think you're talking to!? Do I look like a pipsqueak to you?"

Eren brought a hand to his chin, stroking it as he hummed in thought. "Well, considering that you are smaller than me, you are indeed a pipsqueak. Take it or leave it." He only laughed when you let out a growl.

You sighed and rolled your eyes, but then smiled. "Alright then, does Mr. TallMan have the backstage passes?"

Eren nodded. "I sure do." He reached into his back pocket and handed you the badge.

"Awesome," you said, putting it around your neck. The badge laid loosely on your stomach. "Don't you have yours?"

Eren shrugged casually and gave you a cheesy smile. "Oh yeah, I won't be needing it."

That made you raise an eyebrow. "What are you-Hey! Put me down!" You growled and struggled as Eren had suddenly scooped you up and was carrying you through the crowds over his shoulder. You looked like an idiot, flailing your arms and legs while throwing a tantrum like a two-year-old. But even then, Eren was still able to hold you like you weighed no more than a feather. After you came to the realization that Eren's dominance was winning, you simple hung there limp while cursing under your breath. "Don't you mock me!" You snapped when you heard Eren snickering. You sighed. "Where the hell are you taking me anyway?"

"You'll see," Eren replied. Before you knew it, you and your punk friend walked into a room where it was grey all over except for the dark purple curtains displayed on one side of the room. Judging by the stereo equipment and the scattered instruments, you realized that you were backstage. Despite the simplicity, you were still amazed. You had never been backstage before much less a concert. However, slight panic rose when you realized that there were people here too.

"Eren!" You hissed. "I don't think we should be here!"

"And why not?" Eren said with a smirk. He set you down on the ground. "I don't see the harm in introducing you to some of my lifelong friends.

"Friends?" You looked at Eren, puzzled. "You're actually friends with a group of band members?"

"Close," Eren responded. He grinned. "I'm IN a band."