Chapter 24~The Trio

"Well, what are you waiting for?" You demanded. "If you're going to do it, then do it. Although I'll warn you, the security cameras are up so you might find your asses in prison after this. Karma is a bitch you know." You stared at them, waiting for them to do something but all they did was giving you strange glasses. They even looked at one another and scratched their heads. You took that moment to get a good look at them, just in case you survived. That way you could have a good description to the cops.

You saw that there were three guys. One was about average height and shy-looking. He was a bit stocky with curly black hair and thick-framed spectacles. He looked no older than twenty-one and had on casual jeans and a hoodie. The guy next to him was tall and muscular. He looked as young as the nerdy guy you observed just now. He had short, ginger hair with a neat goatee. One way how you were certain he was toned was the fact that he was wearing jeans and a sleeveless shirt, which you thought was crazy since it was so cold outside.

And last but not least, there was another guy on the far right of the trio. Although a few inches shorter than the ginger, he was tall and thin. He wore similar attire as the nerdy guy. You weren't sure if it was actually dyed or not, but you noticed that his blonde hair was styled in a rather fabulous manner. It reminded you of some youtubers.

"Hesitant, are we?" You sighed. "Well I'm too tired for this. Wake me up when you make up your minds." With that, you pulled the hospital sheet over your head and closed your eyes. You really were tired from all that beating, plus the blood loss from the stab wound didn't help one bit. Bruises and cuts coated your entire body and were covered in bandages. Even small things such as talking took up a lot of energy.

"We're not here to kill you," one of them said.

You opened your eyes and slowly pulled the blanket off you, raising your eyebrow in curiosity. "Oh? Is that so?" You dragged your body up so that you were sitting upright. "Then what are you doing here? Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Nathan," said the ginger. He gestured to the nerdy boy. "This is Matt, and this is Darrell. We came here to see how you were doing."

"Funny thing to say for the people who tried to stab me to death," you grumbled.

"We're not the ones who attacked you," Matt said quietly.

You looked at the three of them. "Then who did?"

Matt shrugged. "We don't know. In fact, no one does. Word has it that a serial killer lurks around in the Nature Trial at night. He chooses that area because of the constant visitors that come around at night. If anything, it sounds like him."

"We thought we heard something and we rushed over. Sure enough, we found you just about freezing in the bushes next to the river. That's when we called for help," Darrel said.

"Wow, sounds like a heroic act for a group of douchebags..." you said.

"What are you talking about?" Nathan asked rather hurt. "What have we ever done to you?"

"Dude... I heard your conversations when I was walking by. If you ask me, I'd suggest taking a course in how to treat women."

"Oh yeah... that..." With that, they all guffawed.

"What are you laughing at!?" You demanded.

"Whatever you heard, I believe you might have taken it all out of context," Nathan said wiping a tear.

"You see, we were rehearsing," said Matt.

"Rehearsing?" You raised an eyebrow.

Matt nodded. "See, we're actors. And we just so happen to be stars of an upcoming show if you're interested."

You stared at the trio and blinked slowly. Was it true what they were saying? Are you really talking to stars?

Just when you thought this dull town couldn't get more interesting...

"A show, huh? As in onstage? Well, that's something you don't see everyday," you commented. You took a moment to think it over and smiled. "You know, that actually sounds like something worth attending. Hopefully I'm all healed by then." You frowned at the pain still lingering at your side.

"As do the three of us," said Nathan. He gave you a warm smile. "Well, as much as we'd like to stick around and chat, we really have to get going. Rehearse is calling." He chuckled. "But please, take our card. Hope you get well, soon."

You took the card that they held out to you. You took a glance at it to see that the show was taking place next week. That's a good sign... at least there is no rush in your recovery process.

After you said your goodbyes, you settled back down on your pillow, breathing a long sigh of relief. Not to be mistaken, the trio were nice guys but you were just too tired to do anything. Right now all you craved was rest and some painkillers. Before, you were anxious for Mikasa to stop by so that you could show her the wallet but now, you pretty much hoped that she took her sweet time. Deciding to take comfort in that neutral thought, you brought the hospital sheets up to your chin and closed your eyes, managing to ignore the beeping sound of the monitor and the feeling of the IV planted in your arm. After awhile, you eventually drifted off into a light sleep.