Chapter 12~A Gold Moment

While Eren sat waiting at the park, you made your day into the coffee shop. During the short journey, you began to ponder on what happened just then. Did you and Eren really just nearly kiss? If so, you were considering joining Eren on making sure Reese gets his ass beat properly.

You remembered when you first saw Eren, right at that moment you knew he was your type in every way; His looks, the tatoos, the Hot Topic attire... but even then you just weren't sure about how you truly felt about Eren. It was true that you had gotten more attached to him over the months, but that was all platonic, or so you always told yourself. Whatever it was, this whole situation just bothered you to no end. You almost hated the fact that you began to notice everything about him; the way he smiles and laughs, the way he walks, and even the way he sips on his Pepsi's . Don't even get started on that cologne he always wears.

Once you found yourself reminiscing back to when Eren had his arms around you, you gave yourself a good, mental kick in the rear. Argh! Stop that! What the hell are you thinking!? It doesn't matter how the hell you feel about him anyway! Because no matter what, he'll only like you as a friend! But at the same time... friends don't kiss. Not in this culture at least.

Upon arrival, you walked into the coffee shop, the bell above you making a slight dinging sound as you opened the door. You shook your head, shaking off some of the fallen snow from outside. Almost immediately, warmth surrounded you and the smell of coffee beans and something sweet filled the air. The whole place looked just about the perfect place to lounge in. The cabin-like theme gave it a homey, holiday feel with the wooden floors and the crackling of the fireplace. There were all sorts of people here; both young and old. They were either sitting across from each other chatting with one another or sitting curled up comfortably on the sofas typing away on their laptops. To your surprise, even the children were being peaceful. But whether they came here for social gatherings or time for themselves, everyone here seemed to have one thing in common: They all had either a beverage of some sort or a sweet treat. It made sense since this seemed like one hell of a coffee shop.

As tempting as it was to linger about in this place, you had a task to do and Eren was still waiting out there. You got in line, sighing to yourself when you realized how long the line was. It was going to take longer than necessary as the person up front was taking forever deciding what to order.

"Hey, look! It's Eren's girl/boyfriend!" Said a familiar voice. You looked to see that it was Hunter and narrowed your eyes. Him again? It was already bad enough if he didn't currently have too other buddies with him. They all carried an identical look of mockery.

"Is that the chick you've been talking about?" One of them snickered.

"Sure is," Hunter responded with a sly smirk. He shifted his attention toward you. "So tell us, what's really going on between you and Jaegar? You two seem to be getting along just fine, I bet it gets even better in bed." He and his friends thought that remark was so hilarious.

You stood there glaring at the trio, but then you grinned, rather darkly actually. You spoke in a sweet, innocent manner. "What happens between you and Eren is none of your concern. So if I were you, I'd get my ass out of here as soon as possible before someone recieves a foot up theirs!" You smiled all the sweeter.

With a huff, one of Hunter's friends said, "Ooooh, you think you're so tough, huh?" But you ignored him. Instead, you slowly but casually padded up to Hunter and traced a finger down his face, running along his jawline. Hunter's once seemingly permanent mischievous expression dropped to an unsettled, uncomfortable one.

"You know... you're an attractive guy," you cooed. "Wouldn't be a shame if you weren't able to meet your future offspring?"

"What are you-Agghhh!!!" Without a moment's hesitation, you sent a foot flying forward and up between Hunter's legs, hitting him directly in the weak spot. At first, he shrieked in shock but as the pain gradually became more and more excruciating, Hunter fell forward on his knees and curled up in a ball while whimpering like an injured puppy. Both of his friends began to roar in laughter.