Chapter 8.

"Yup, have the marshmallows and chocolates?"I ask, Danielle holds the things up and grins.

"Alright lets go!"I say swooping Kate off her feet and putting her on my shoulders. I open the wooden door and step onto the sand, we rented a beach house near the shore, it's wonderful.

We were singing around the campfire while toasting the marshmallows, the sun was slowly moving across the sky while we sang. For some reason this is reminding me of Rock Me. Lying in the beach as the sun blew up, playing the guitar by the fire to loud, oh my my they can never shut us down. Right???

Hey there Delilah what's it like in New York city?

I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty yes you do

Time square can't shine as bright as you...

I swear it's true..

Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely give this song another listen

close your eyes, it's my voice in disguise. I'm by your side.

Oh it's what you do to me

what you do to me...

Oh it's what you do to me

what you do to me...

Kate was playing with sand with her feet, I put a hand on her back as we sang, she looked at me and smiled. I brought her close to me and rubbed her back, I'm glad to have my family and friends here with me.

"Daddy it's done."Kate whispers showing me her almost black coated marshmallow. I grab 2 crackers and a piece of chocolate, I made the s'more and gave it to her.

"That's your last one, okay?"I whisper, she's already had one but I don't want to be that non-caring parent, or careless I should say, parent. Danielle went closed to my ear and whispered,"Look at Louis, he seems...gloomed. He's not smiling, infact he doesn't even have any emotion."I look at Louis and see that she was right, he was just looking at the fire as he held s'more stick roasting the marshmallow for James. Lucas rested his head on the side of my torso, I set the stick upward and ruffled his curly hair.

***

I put the kids in bed and tucked them in.

"Good night kids, love you."I whisper, since they had to share a room and only had a bunkbead, I had to kiss each of their heads by going up and down. Danielle and the girls were still at the campfire as us dads/husbands tucked their kids in. I open the windows so it wouldn't get hot in the room and some light could shine in.

--

I had an arm around Danielle waist and slightly kissed her cheek.

"Guys..since the kids are asleep I have something to share.."Louis quietly says setting his beer down, our attention was now on Lou.

"Well, I didn't want to say this infront of the kids but mostly James but...Eleanor and I are getting a d-divorce..."Louis stammers and sniffles.

**End of Chapter 8**