Chapter 22.

Dear Ms. Cowelel,

Lucas Payne is 2 be moved far form Brandy L. becuse she boders Lucas alot and it anoys him. Brandy iz also a werd gurl and noone like her. Espcially Lucas and his frends. Pls move her to china or if posible, to the corner of clasroom. I'm Lucas's daddy, whatevr I say gos.

Lucas's Daddy

"Lucas did you write this?" I ask even though I already know the answer. He shook his head.

"No, it clearly has your writing." Lucas defends himself. I looked at him.

"This isn't my signature Luke, and you know that. Now why did you write this note?" I question setting the paper down, he shrugged and avoid eye contact with me.

"Ms. Cowelel-"

"Cowell."

"Ms. Cowell," I correct myself. "I promise this won't happen again. Right, Luke?"

"Mhm." he nodded. If his teacher wasn't here, I would scold him for not using his voice instead of making sounds.

*

"So what was that all about?" I ask. He shrugged again. "Stop doing that, you have a voice. Use it." I scold.

"I don't know." Lucas spoke, he fiddled with his thumbs. "She bothers me too much. She annoying!"

"Luke, I'm going to tell you this for the rest of your life; you have to get used to people you don't like. Trust me, okay? I had to deal with management and rumors." I sternly say.

"Like Kate?"

"Lucas, someday you're going to be glad that you have Kate." I say. I obviously wasn't going to tell him, "Lucas, someday your mother and I will be gone and all you have left is Kate and your family. "

Not to a six year old.

"Why? She's a poo poo head." Luke asks kicking the passenger seat from behind.

"You'll understand when you get older." I reply turning off the ignition and getting out of the car.

*

"Liam don't do that."

"No Liam, not that either."

"Be a grown man for once!"

"Wow, can't believe I married you."

I clenched my fists as Danielle said the last one. "Why did you marry me? You didn't have to. I didn't force you into saying yes!" I shouted.

"Now stop being such a stubborn bitch and stop complaining." I said. I could see a curly mop of head pop up from behind the chair. I looked back at Danielle and saw her also with clenched fists.

"I'm being a bitch? I'm the one that has to stay home, clean, pay the bills, put food on the table for our two children, and make sure everything is in place! Now don't you dare call me a bitch again." Danielle snapped.

"Bitch." I said through gritted teeth.

Danielle pushed past me and left the dining room. I turned around and saw two pair of glassy eyes staring at me. "Where Mommy go? Why you fight?" Kate asked.

"Daddy said bad word," Luke points out.

"Where's Mommy going, Daddy?" Luke asked.

"What's a bit-" Kate nearly repeated what I said but Luke placed his hand over mouth and shook his head.

"No, bad word." He mumbled.

"Lu is right. Bad word. Go watch cartoons whilst I talk to mommy, okay? Put on Bubbles or something." I assured them. Luke grabbed Kate's hand but with bis index finger and thumb and lead her out the dining room.

I followed them but turned towards the stairs and into our room. I saw Danielle holding a bag filled with things. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"You're right, Liam," Danielle said.

"I am a bitch. I'm going to take my bitchy self and go somewhere." Danielle snapped.

"No, Dani. Please let me-"

"Don't you dare play that card, Liam James Payne. You're going to do this again and again. But you know what? I finally have the courage to say no." Danielle hissed.