Chapter 21: Meeting His Mom

Thank fully today is Sunday. I and Daksh will not be missing our college because there's already a holiday today. Also, I can take a rest in home from the journey. Only one day is probably enough for relaxation I suppose.

Tring Tring!

My phone starts ringing. I take out my phone from my purse to see that Shikha is calling. I quickly receive the call.

Me: Hello.
Shikha: Hello Aditi?
Me: Hey Shikha!
Shikha: Where are you both?
Me: We are waiting to collect our bags in the luggage belt.
Shikha: Oh! How long is it going to take?
Me: We will come out in ten minutes.
Shikha: Okay. I and Vaibhav are waiting for you both outside.
Me: Yes I know. Just wait for few minutes more.
Shikha: Sure.
Me: Okay bye!
Shikha: Bye!

And I hang up. As I keep my phone back inside my purse, I see our bags appearing on the luggage belt. "Daksh, our bags!" I tell him and point to the bags.

He quickly goes there to collect our bags. He simultaneously takes one bag after another from the belt and put them on the floor. We both take our bags and walk towards the exit. The temperature is low here and the city is colder than Goa.

We move out of the Airport's exit and I see Vaibhav and Shikha. A wide smile appears on my face and I quickly walk towards them. I hug Shikha first and then Vaibhav. Daksh does vice versa.

Vaibhav takes our bags and put them inside the dikki of his luxurious car. "You are looking really tired" whispers Shikha. "Yes, I am" I reply with a sigh.

I open the door of the car and take a seat behind with Shikha. Vaibhav and Daksh sit in the front with Vaibhav driving. He put the keys into the ignition and starts the car.

"Your flight got delayed?" asks Vaibhav, looking straight while driving.

"Yep. We were supposed to depart at 11:50 from Goa but the plane actually took off at around 12:45 in the night" replies Daksh.

"Yes and then we had to change our plane in Jaipur. There are no direct flights from Goa to Dehradun. And we got late in Jaipur too. That's why we have arrived at 6:45am instead of 5" I say. "Ohhhh!" exclaim Vaibhav and Shikha in unison.

"So are you guys hungry? I have potato chips with me" says Shikha and takes out a packet of Lays from her handbag to show us.

"Yes we are" Daksh says and takes out some chips from the packet. I also start taking out chips and stuffing inside my mouth to feed my empty stomach. "Thanks" I say to Shikha for sharing. "Oh sweety! What is there to thank in this?" she asks to which I couldn't reply.

"By the way..." Daksh turns his head to look back at me and says "...be ready at 7 tonight. I am picking you up".

"Why?" I ask.

Shikha nudges me with her elbow and grins widely at me. "He is taking you on a date" she whispers. I blush.

"I am taking her for dinner" tells Daksh. He definitely heard what Shikha whispered to me. I laugh sheepishly while looking at her. She rolls her eyes off me and asks him "Date and dinner are one and the same thing. But where?".

"At my place" he answers.

"At your place? But why?" asks Vaibhav who was quite since beginning. Everyone was taking interest in the topic except him.

"I am going to introduce her to my mom..." he answers to Vaibhav and turns behind to ask "...Aditi, you remember right?".

Oh no! I had completely forgotten about this. Finally the day arrived when I will have to meet his mom or may be his complete family. This is going to be tough, I know.