Chapter 28: Unexpected Denial

Finally the summer vacation is over. I have not been to college since a month and I feel like it's been a long time. Also, I am in third year now. Four semesters are over and I am quite satisfied with my grades. Now I just can't wait to meet everybody in college today. Though I and Daksh were talking everyday, but we didn't meet each other since he had gone for a family vacation to Europe. I am excited to meet Shikha and Vaibhav as well.

I take my tiffin and put it in my bag. I wave goodbye to mom and leave for the college. I quickly take a bus and reach within fifteen minutes. I enter the college through the main gate and see all the happy faces. I feel so good. I take a deep breath and try to consume vibes of my college as much as I can. I then tread towards the place where I, Daksh, Shikha and Vaibhav usually hang out.

As I take my step, someone places his hand over my eyes to block my sight. "Hey! Who's this?" I ask worriedly. I try to touch the fingers of the person who is blocking my sight to identify him. "Aditi it's me" whispers the person to my right ear. A smile with a blush appears on my face. I know it's you Daksh.

"Okay Daksh, I get it. Can you take your hands off from my eyes now?" I ask him. "Nope. I am taking you somewhere" he says and holds my hand to take me to his car. He opens the door and takes a piece of cloth to blindfold me. "What is this now? Where are you taking me?" I ask him furiously. "Just sit quietly. You'll know soon" he says and makes me sit on the passenger's seat next to him.

He starts the car and throughout the journey I keep asking about how long will it take to reach and where he is taking me. His only response was 'Have patience' to my every question. After few minutes, he stops the car and I hear the opening of the door. He moves out of the car and comes to me to open my door. I step out of the car and listen to a loud noise. My hair starts flowing all over my face as if a violent storm has occurred.

"What is this noise?" I scream to ask him. I felt like I was literally inaudible. Daksh then opens my blindfold and I open my eyes after several blinks. I see a huge chopper in front of me whose blades are spinning rapidly. My eyes widen in surprise and jaw drops down. I turn to Daksh and ask him loudly "What is this now?". I seriously want to know why this chopper is here and why am I standing on a helipad.

He replies "This is for you Aditi. Don't you want to view our beautiful city in this chopper?". A wide smile appears on my face and I immediately hug him out of excitement. I nod to his question and we both tread towards the chopper. He goes first and offers me his hand to pull me up inside. We then fasten our seat belts as the pilot flies the chopper.

Slowly we go up and I see Dehradun from above. Such an incredible sight. I spot the valleys, rivers, buildings and even our college. We are almost at a height of 25,000 feet and it's amazing. I have never sat in an aeroplane or a helicopter, so this is really a cherishing moment for me right now. I am never going to forget this ever in my life.

I turn to Daksh and see that he too is looking outside from the window of his side. I smile. He is such an amazing boyfriend. I don't think any girl would be luckier than me who has got such a great boyfriend. I prod on his shoulder and he quickly turns to me.

"Thank you for this Daksh. This is the most amazing moment of my life" I tell him. That's it? I should have said more. "Happy two years anniversary sweetheart" he says and gives a small peck on my left cheek.

Oh no! This totally skipped from my mind that we have completed two successive years together. How can I be so stupid that I forgot? He did so much to me today and in return I did absolutely nothing. What a selfish girlfriend I am. I need to do something. The day has not ended yet.

"S-Same to you honey..." I hesitate in the begging and continue "...I-I too have a surprise for you tonight". What did I say? Surprise? I have not even planned anything.