Chapter 1

I awake to the sound of my annoying little frog alarm blaring. I grunt, turn over and smack the bright green head.

I look at the clock. It says 6:30. Oh wonderful, today is the first day of my senior year in high school. I roll out of my thick white sheets and stumble into the shower. The hot water runs down my dark tan skin and it is soothing. I take a unnecessary long time, combing through my long, dark brown hair.

After I get out of the shower, I stand in front of my dresser, sifting through my clothes. I finally decide to wear my favorite pair of skinny jeans, a purple cotton tee with a deep V neck, and my spiked black combat boots.

I do my hair, deciding to curl it, and brush some mascara along with a bottom line of eyeliner. I decide I look decent and walk across the hall to be greeted by my mom, making my coffee.

"Morning, mom" I say to the back of her midnight black hair. I don't say 'good morning' because there is no such thing as a 'good' morning.

"Hey honey," she says with her back still turned.

I sit down on the hard wooden table and gulp down my coffee. Since I curled my hair, I'm running late. I barely pause to say goodbye to my mom before I'm out the door.