Chapter 21

I awake to my alarm and I stumble into the shower, still half asleep. I shower quickly because Kayla has to shower.

I get out, wrap myself in a towel and step out of the bathroom. I pick up one of my pillows and throw it at Kayla, who is still rolled over.

"What the hell?" she says while she turns over.

"Get up and shower, I want to go early today so I can hang out with Jack," I tell her.

"Fine"

She showers and, after staring at my closet for 10 minutes I decide why to wear. I pick out a mint green Hollister Tank top, blue denim skinny jeans, and my trusty black vans. I put on my makeup and look in the mirror. I look so different than I did when I had that date with Jack. I look like my regular self.

Kayla comes out of the bathroom and picks out a oversized white knitted sweater, black leggings and black boots from my closet.

We talk about how stupid school is and how excited we are to see our boyfriends. We head downstairs and I already see my mom laying on the couch watching TV.

"Hey honey, hi Kayla," she says with a fake smile.

"Hi" I say, trying to avoid talking to her. I pick up a apple and take a big bite.

"Hi mrs. smith, how are you this morning?" Kayla says, trying to be nice. Something I will never be.

The talk about dumb shit and I finally speak up, "we'd better get going now Kayla." I give her my 'get me out of here' look.

"Okay, well I will see you soon mrs. smith!" Kayla smiles while I take her hand, dragging her out the door.

We listen I music on our way to school and we finally arrive. I'm excited to see Jack, will he act the same as he did on our date?

Kayla spots Tyler and I tell her, "go catch up with him, I'll just be at my locker."

"Okay!" She runs into his arms.

I look around, I don't see him anywhere. What if he isn't coming to school today? no, I'm being paranoid. He is probably still at his house, or on his way.

I round the corner and come face-to-face to Stacy, my bully.

She has bullied me ever since 5th grade, I don't know why though. Attached to her hip is my old friend. Well, she used to be my friend. Mackenzie and I used to be very close but she got into the popular crowd and I was just kicked under the rug. Now she stands behind Stacy, along with other wannabes.

"Well if it isn't the whore, Rose" Stacy says with a lip gloss smile, "whatcha been up to lately? dating more guys?" she laughs loudly and obnoxiously.

"Whatever Stacy," I didn't want to show weakness in front of everybody, so I pretend like I don't care.

"Yeah you have been huh?" she pokes my arm, to close for comfort, "you're such a slut, I heard you have another boyfriend! I don't know who would

go out with a ugly little attention seeker like you." She sneers, all the girls behind her giggle.

I ignore her, in hopes of her going away.

"You are not going to answer me you little bitch?" she takes my bag from around my shoulder and holds it high. "What do you have in this huge bag?" she says loudly, so everyone's eyes in the hallway are on me, "condoms?"

She tilts my bag so everything falls out. "I guess not you little..."

She doesn't finish. I loud booming voice comes from behind her.

"Leave her alone," my Jack says.