Chapter 14

I tell Kayla everything that happened at the party and I also tell her that he is taking me on a date.

"That's great!" she tells me,"you guys would be a total power couple."

"Yeah right." I've never really thought of myself as pretty. I think about all the people in this world that are so much more beautiful than I am. I am nothing compare to other people.

"I'm glad you found someone though, maybe this one will last." Kayla says with a wink.

I've also had my fair share of boyfriends. However, none of them have ever lasted more than 3 months. I also have never had my first kiss. Unbelievable, not really.

"So where did you and Tyler go while I was stuck at the party?" I ask Kayla.

"Well...um... he took me to his house."

I look at her incredulously.

"No Rose! it wasn't like that. His parents weren't home anyway. So we made out for awhile and then we watched movies."

"Oh."

"You know damn well that I wouldn't do that Rose. I would never parade my body like that."

"Yeah, I know." I said. Sometimes I envy her and Tyler's relationship. I always wished that someday I could have something like that. Someone who would hold me and tell me he loves me.

While I am daydreaming my phone vibrates in my sweatshirt pocket. I pull

it out. It's a text message.

'Hey Rose(: it's Jack. R u available tonight at 7 o'clock? I could pick u up at ur house and drive u to our date. Can't tell u the place... it's a secret(;'

"Who texted you?" Kayla asks me.

"Um... it's," I gulp nervously, "Jack."

"OMG! let me see!!!"

She grabs the phone from my hand and puts her face as close to the screen as possible.

"Dude, you HAVE to go!"

"Of course I'm going!" I say, "let me text him back though!"

She gives me back my phone and I text him back with shaking fingers.

'Hey Jack. That sounds great! I will b ready. I'll see u at my house at 700!'

I hit the send button and put my phone back in my pocket.

"What are you going to wear tonight?" Kayla asks me.

"I don't know. I don't own many nice dresses..."

"We should go shopping today!" she suggests, "lets go to the mall!"

"I'm down, let's go!"