Chapter 16

When I open the door I am greeted by Jack.

Jack wore a navy blue dress shirt with dark pants and matching blue loafers. His hair is tousled and pulled back with a little hair gel.

Holy shit he looks so hot.

"Hey Rose," Jack says to me, "you ready?"

"Um, yeah," I mumble.

He flashes me a perfect white teeth smile and starts walking towards his car. I follow him and lock the door behind me.

We both walk to his corvette parked at the curb. I can't get over how perfect he is. Is it even possible to be that perfect???

I open the passenger door and sit in the front seat. His sweet musky scent overwhelms me and I breathe it in greedily.

He starts the car and I can feel it purr beneath me.

"So are you going to tell me where we are going or are you just going to kidnap me?" I say jokingly.

"You will have to see when we get there," he says with a sly grin.

We don't say much. I stay quiet the whole drive and so does he.

Wow, this is awkward.

I look out my window and I realize he is taking me to a part of town that I have never seen before.

The roads are lined with tall emerald green light posts, small shoppes are open, and couples are strolling the streets with each other. It seems historic, yet modern.

Jack slows down his car and takes a right turn into a small parking lot. I look up and see a building with a sign that is labeled 'Italiano' in red letters.

He took me to a Italian restaurant.

He pulls into a parking space and takes the keys out of the ignition.

"Is Italian food okay?" he asks me politely.

"Um yeah, totally. I like really like Italy food." God, did I really just say that? I'm a fucking idiot.

"Good," he says, ignoring my horrible use of words, "then you will love this place."

We get out of his car and walk around to the front of the restaurant. He opens the door for me and I step inside.