Chapter 18

Me and Jack talk for a long time. Our conversations range from our family to our first kiss.

He can't believe that I haven't kissed anybody and I just shake my head. Its not surprising to me. He says he has had his first kiss but he doesn't share with who and I don't ask.

He says he lives with his dad but he works all the time so he doesn't see him that much. He never knew his mom either.

He is actually very easy to talk to. I feel like I can tell him anything and he will understand.

I tell him about myself and how fucked up my family is and he understands and knows how I feel. I don't really share anything about my family because I am ashamed and embarrassed of my past.

We also talk about our taste in music. He likes anything with a good beat, just like me. I don't mention to him that I can sing because I am shy and I don't want to reveal that to him yet. He also says that he plays the guitar and I tell him that I play the piano. We also tell each other that we have to play for one another.

It is 9 o'clock and Jack asks for the check. I offer to pay for it to be nice but he refuses firmly.

We walk out the restaurant and head home. He drives slow and I am grateful for that, because I don't want to go home.

He pulls up at the curb of my driveway and I open my door to get out. He meets me at the front steps of my house.

"I forgot to mention," he tells me looking me straight in the eye, "you look beautiful tonight."

I blush profusely, and smile at the ground, "thank you, you look very handsome as well."

He smiles at me but suddenly his face grows serious. He pulls me in with his tan, dark hand around my waist and everything goes still. With his other hand, he caresses my face and puts it around my neck. He gently pulls and my lips touch his.

Everything was on fire. Heat coursed through my body and I knotted my hands through his thick black hair, something I wanted to do when I first saw those reflective eyes of his. Chills and goosebumps ran through my body.

The kiss was sweet and perfect, just like him. But everything else seemed unimportant, it was just me and Jack, nobody else.

We pull back together and we smile at each other, each of us with a huge grin.

"Have a wonderful night," he he breathes into my face. His breath smells like mint.

"You too," I tell him.

He walks away and I go into my house without a glance back.

After I close and lock the door behind me, I slink down and come to a realization.

I am in love.