Chapter 15

Kayla drives me back to my house so i can change my clothes. I decide to wear a casual long sleeve striped shirt with my blue skinny jeans along with my vans.

She watches tv in the family room while I get ready.

Eventually, I finish getting myself ready. I put my hair in a tight bun and I tell Kayla that I am ready to go.

We meet in the car and drive to the mall.

The mall is in the next town over so it takes us 20 minutes to get there.

When we get there we hit the shops. We both go into Forever 21, H&M, Papaya, and Charlotte Russe.

I get myself a tight, thigh-length blue dress. The dress is sparkly so when I rotate my body it contrasts different shades of blue and green. I really like it and Kayla likes it a lot too. I also buy some royal blue pumps to go with it.

Kayla gets herself some things as well and soon enough it is lunchtime.

We eat Chinese food at the food court. All while we gossip and talk about everything.

After we eat, we decide to go home before we end up homeless from spending all out money on things we don't need.

Kayla stays at my house until 5 o'clock and she suggests, "hey I'm going to leave in like 15 minutes so I can let you get ready for your date, kay?"

"Sounds good," I say. "I'm a little nervous."

"Don't be! just be yourself and everything will go great," she smiles at me.

"Okay."

I walk Kayla out to her car, say goodbye, and watch her drive down the street. I rush upstairs to get ready.

I take my time with my shower and I do my hair. I decide to put it in a messy, low bun. I curl the pieces that stick out and carefully apply my makeup. I put on my favorite stud earrings, a infinity bracelet and take a look in the mirror.

Whoa.

I look like a different person. I look like someone who is put-together and has everything going or her. I don't feel like the adopted little girl that came from a troubled family.

I grab my clutch and my phone and look at the time. It is 6:50, so Jack should be here at any moment.

I walk down the stairs and sit on the couch, patiently waiting for him to get here.

While I am sitting I daydream about why he would want to go out on a date with me. Who would even like someone like me?

I jump when I hear the doorbell ring. I quickly place my hair perfectly over my shoulders and straighten my dress out.

I take a deep breath and open the door.