Chapter 9

I shower quickly, I'm already running late to school and Kayla needs to shower too.

I get out of the shower and dry my hair fast. I go into my room to tell Kayla that she can shower.

Kayla hops in the shower and I finish getting ready.

I can't stop thinking about the dream I had. It was beyond unusual and just...weird.

Once Kayla finished showering, we went downstairs to have breakfast. I settled for a banana while she ate cereal.

"How did you sleep last night?" I ask her.

"Good. Like a rock," she says with a smile, "how about you?"

"Oh good," I lie smoothly. I glance at the time on my phone, "hey we better get going, we are going to be late to school."

"Ok," she gobbles down her cereal and we head for her car.

We listen to music on the way there. The school is not far, maybe 5 minutes drive.

We eventually find a parking spot and rush into class. We are cutting it close to the bell.

"See you at break, kake." I say as we are walking our separate ways to class.

"Kay. Bye."

I walk swiftly but the bell rings while I'm walking down the hall.

"Shit," I mumble to myself.

I walk even faster to biology, open the heavy metal door and walk in.

"Nice of you to join us, Rosemary." Mrs. Grant says, clearly pissed.