Chapter 13

What the fuck was that all about? I ask myself as I put my key through the keyhole. He, all of a sudden, starts talking to me and wants to go out on a DATE? What the hell?

I'm grateful that he asked me out though and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I take a shower and wash up for bed. Questions still run through my mind until my face hits the pillow and I fall into a deep, much-needed sleep.

***

I wake up and turn over. I look at my clock and realize it is 10:30. It is unlike me to sleep in for so long, I am a morning person.

I grunt and pull my phone up from under my pillow. I have 16 messages and 4 missed calls from Kayla. All containing the words, 'where are you, are you okay, rose text me back, pick up the god damn phone'

I text her back quickly telling her that Jack took me home and to stop freaking out.

Less than 30 seconds later she texts me back, 'Starbucks, NOW. we have a lot to talk about'

Uhgg. I put on a pair of leggings and a big sweatshirt and walk to Starbucks. It is only 3 blocks away so it doesn't take long till I am there.

Kayla is already there, sitting at a small black wire table with a venti double chocolatey chip frappe in her left hand.

I sit in front of her and she has a eager look on her face.

"Spill," she tells me.