CHAPTER THREE

"You killed us all! Your a murder!" the dying children scream. "Clarke? Clarke! Clarke!" They repeat getting closer and closer. They put their hands on her shoulders and shake her and Clarke screams. She feels them let go, and she wakes up abruptly with a cold wet cloth on her forehead. She realises that it was the commander saying her name trying to get her to wake up. She instantly calms down, she doesnt know why, but Lexa always has that effect on her.

"Hey, hey, Clarke," she whispers, "your alright, your safe. It was just a dream." Lexa was sitting on the edge of Clarkes bed soothingly patting Clarkes hair. Clarke snuggled closer to the brunette nesting her head on her lap. In this moment Clarke and Lexa forgot their pasts and the burdens they carried. In this moment it was just them. They were two teenage girls who cared for each other but were both too afraid to admit it.

Clarke fell in to a restful sleep for the first time since the mountain with Lexa whispering comforting words into her ear and running her hands gently through her hair.

---

When Clarke awoke, she could tell she had sleep in to the late hours of the morning. For once she could keep her eyes open and did not have a headache from lack of sleeping. As she got out of bed she yawned loudly and remembered Lexa waking her from her horror and helping her sleep without the nightmares that had plagued her dreams since the mountain. 

Clarke fixed up her fair and picked up the jacket Lexa gave her putting it on and securing the buckles around her waist.

She walked out of her tent to find Zoron guarding the entrance, Clarke rolled her eyes knowing that Lexa had ordered him to stay there. "Are you hungry Wanheda?" He inquired.

"I am actually. And dont call me that. Its just Clarke." Zoron nodded, so Clarke continued, "Would you like to accompany me to get some lunch? Oh wait! Lexa already ordered you to follow me everywhere." Clarke mocked.

"She is just trying to make sure you are safe Wan..." Clarke gave him a deathly glare, "Clarke." He corrected himself.

---

Clarke and Zoron were sitting together eating lunch around a fire. Clarke could see Lexa discussing something that Clarke could not hear with Indra. Clarke was looking intently at Lexa studying all of her flawless features, her high cheek bones, killer jawline, beautiful brown hair and those soft, plump lips... 

She was rudely interrupted by Zoron clearing his throat, she turned to give him with a questioning look only to find a smug smirk on his face. "What?!" Clarke asked.

"You fancy the Commander dont you?" Clarkes mouth dropped open and she  found herself speechless so he press on, "you were just staring, Clarke. Its pretty obvious."

Clarke blushed and Zorons smirk just grew even bigger. "Your not even denying it! And your blushing!" he teased. "At least I know the feelings are mutual. Maybe I wont have to listen to her constantly telling me how amazing and beautiful you are if you guys finally get together."

"Wh-What do you mean?" Clarke stumbled becoming incredibly flustered. 

"Well, as you know Lexa cares deeply for you and as I am  her closest friend she sometimes tells me about such things. I hope you realise that she would do anything for you. I have never seen her look at someone with so much love since..." He trailed off.

"Costia?" Clarke questioned not needing an answer from the sad look in Zorons eyes.

---

That night, Clarke lay on her bed staring intently at the ceiling. What was she going to do? Clarke found herself utterly confused. She knew that she liked Lexa, really liked Lexa. But she also knew that her people would always have to come first. But with the mountain gone, maybe Lexa wouldnt have to choose between her people and Clarke. All she had to do was make sure that Trikru remained in an alliance with Skaikru.

Lexa walked into Clarkes tent and announced her arrival by calling out for Clarke. Clarke sat up and offered her thanks to Lexa for bringing her food. Lexa started to make her way out but Clarke interrupted her by saying, "Hey Lexa, do you maybe want to stay and eat dinner with me?" Clarke nervously awaited her reply.

"I would love to Clarke," came her answer a long with a small smile.

The two girls sat opposite each other at the small wooden table and started to eat. It was awkward so Clarke decided to start a conversation. "So, what do you plan to do once we get to Arkadia?"

Lexa thought about her answer before replying, "I hope that I will be able to convince your people to become the 13th clan in my coalition. This way your people will be my people and I will never have to make a decision such as the one at the mountain, it would also allow our people to trade with each other which I believe would be highly beneficial to both groups of people. I also do not believe many of your people will survive the winter if they do not become part of the coalition due to the exceedingly cold weather and lack of resources."

Clarke processed all the information Lexa had just said. To her it would be ridiculous if Skaikru did not accept the terms, as they would most likely die without it. "I think that those are good terms to offer to them, but I think the main thing you will need is for them to trust you again unless we want another war." 

Lexa nodded in agreement and then both girls continued to eat their food.

---

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter there will be another few chapters out tomorrow. Comment, like and share if you are enjoying this fic and I will start to release more chapters. Please type a comment to let me know what you think. There will be a bit of Clexa next chapter!!!! and we will be heading back to Arkadia soon so lets see how tis plays out. Again thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day/ night <3