CHAPTER NINE

Clarke quickly got off of Lexa, calling back to her mother, "Just one second." She rushed over to a pile of Lexas clothes and tossed her a black tank top, black jeans and some underwear. "Get dressed," she ordered the completely naked Commander sitting on her bed with swollen lips. The brunette complied by hurriedly putting on the clothes Clarke threw at her.

Once Lexa was decent, Clarke open the door for her mother. "Hey mum, what can I do for you?"

"Well, you left our room a while ago and I havent heard from you since. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Oh, well I am fine I just had to... talk to Lexa about something."

Abby raised her eyebrows clearly not buying it. The older Griffin knew that her daughter and the commander were close, before the mountain she wrote it off as both being the leaders of their people, therefore having a lot in common and needing to spend time together but now she was not so sure. There had to be something more for Clarke to trust her again so quickly. She was curious to find out what was going on so she asked, "Are you going to go to bed now? Its getting late and we have a lot to discuss tomorrow."

"I... um..." Clarke desperately tried to come up with an excuse but thought of nothing, "sure, I just have a few more thing I need to discuss with Lexa first though." The blonde cursed herself, her mother was definitely on to them.

"Okay, I will see you soon then, Clarke. Good evening Commander."

"Good evening Chancellor," Lexa replied impassively as if she wasnt just about to have sex with her daughter.

Abby left without another word.

Clarke flopped down onto Lexas bed, sighing. Lexa walked over to the bed sitting down next to her, taking one of the blondes hands and bringing it up to her lips and kissing it softly . "We are going to have to tell your mother about us soon." Lexa said softly.

"I know. I have a feeling she already knows," Clarke answered sitting up. "I will tell her tonight."

"Okay."

"I am going to miss you tonight, but  if we sleep together our relationship will be obvious and I dont think I am ready for my friends to know."

"I will miss you too." Lexa agreed, kissing her softly. The brunette pulled back, "I think it will make Bellamy hate me even more than he already does."

"He doent hate you..." Clarke protested weakly, swinging her leg around so she was straddling Lexas hips "He just... doesnt trust you. And why would us being together make him hate you more?"

"Because he likes you." Lexa replied, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, I like him too. He is like a big brother to me."

Lexa scoffed at that, she looked down at nothing in particular refusing to meet Clarkes eyes, "I think he wants to be a bit more than your brother Clarke." Clarke could see that this bothered the brunette so she tilted Lexas chin up so she was looking into her eyes their noses brushing against each other.

"Well that doesnt matter because," she paused for a second pushing her nerves down, "I am falling for you Lexa."

Lexa captured Clarkes lips in a kiss that was slow and tender. It conveyed just how much she cared for Clarke and what she meant to her. Clarke pulled back slowly knowing that if they kept going they would not be able to stop and she did need to go see her mother.

"How long were you with Costia?" Clarke asked out of the blue. The blonde saw hurt flash across the commanders eyes, so she added, "you dont have to tell me if you dont..."

She was cut of by Lexa, "No its okay, We were best friends when we were young but when I was a child had to go to Polis to train to be the next Commander.  I returned in my teenage years to the village I grew up in as part of my duty and we bonded, she kissed me and then came to Polis with me. We were then together for the next 2 summers before she was taken from me." A single tear ran down Lexas cheek. Clarke gently wiped it off with her thumb in a soothing manner.

"Im sorry Lexa."

The brunette shook her head, "Your mother will come looking for you again if you do not go find her, Clarke." Lexa gave Clarke a reassuring smile to tell her that she was okay.

"Ill see you in the morning." Clarke kissed the top of Lexas head gently hopped off her lap and leaving the room. She made her way to were her she and her mother were staying getting ready to tell her about her relationship with Lexa.

---

A/N: The next chapter will be out today or tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed, comment and like if you did. Have a great day/ night <3