CHAPTER FOUR

The next morning, while Clarke is lying awake in bed she heard a knock on her tent post. Clarke sighed and stood up and patted down her hair and clothes to look at least slightly presentable, "come in!" she called to whoever knocked. Lexa stepped past the flap carrying something.

"Good morning Clarke," the brunette gave a small smile, "I know that you enjoy art, since you drew detailed maps of the mountain so I thought you might like having some art supplies." Lexa handed over a note pad and a stick of coal. Clarkes heart swelled at the other girls thoughtfulness and kindness. This was the great commander of the 12 clans who most people thought was heartless, but Clarke new the truth. Lexa was a kind and loving person, but due to the constant weight on her shoulders she was forced to hide behind her cold hearted facade.

"Thank you so much Lexa. I havent drawn for fun since I was on the ark, because I havent had any time with the war and all. But I think since we are at a time of relative peace I will start again."

"I am glad I could do this for you. I have a meeting with some of my generals, but I will hopefully see you this afternoon." With that she left Clarke alone in her tent.

---

It could have been a few minutes, or a few hours that Clarke had been busily working away on her new drawing. She held up her art work, inspecting it to see if she left out any details.

It was a detailed picture of Lexa, her hair out of her usual braids, flowing over one shoulder, she was not wearing any amour. She looked beautiful.

Clarke didnt realise that she had decided on drawing Lexa, it just happened. She started to draw lines and it turned out to be the brunettes face so she continued. It did not surprise her though, as of lately she couldnt get the commander out of her head.

---

It had become a routine that Lexa would bring Clarke food at night and Clarke found herself looking forward to it every day. As much as she didnt want to admit it, she had forgiven Lexa. Clarke knew that she would have made the same decision if she had have been placed in her position.

She just hoped that her people could see that and would also be able to trust the commander again to make lasting peace possible. Having Skaikru in the coalition would make everyone on the ground united and would hopefully prevent any future wars.

Being part of the coalition would be more that just being in an alliance, it would mean that the sky people would be part of the coalition as well. They would be under Lexas protection and would have to follow her laws. Clarke knew that she would have a tough time convincing her mother, Kane and the rest of the arkers to become the 13th clan.

---

As she was having lunch with Zoron that day talking about what it was like living up in space. When he all of a sudden changed the subject, "Life on the ground is too short to not pursue what you want, Clarke."

"What do you mean?"

"I am talking about Lexa. On the ground you need to treat everyday as if it is your last. There is no way of telling how long you are going to live. You need to make sure that you have no regrets." Zoron paused for a few seconds letting the words sink in before continuing, "If you were to die tomorrow, would you regret not telling Lexa how you felt about her?"

Yes, Clarke thought. She needed to tell Lexa how she felt because Zoron was right. On the ground anything could happen. She or Lexa could die tomorrow and they wouldnt even know how the other felt.

---

It was around dust when Clarke heard a nock on her tent post, "come in, Lexa." she said. Lexa entered with two meals. They sat down to eat.

They ate in relative silence only saying a few thing here and there. Clarke was unsure of to tell the brunette what she wanted to say so she just kept making small talk.

After they finished eating Lexa and Clarke stood up the prior getting ready to leave when Clarke built up the courage to ask the question that had been nagging her since before they went to war against the mountain, "When you kissed me, did you mean it?"

Without a moment of hesitation, Lexa replied confidently, "Yes."

Clarke let her reply slip before she could think about it "Good." Lexa smirked, raising an eyebrow in question. "I... Um..."

"Its okay Clarke," the brunette interrupted her sincerely, "I know that you are not ready. You do not have do admit any feelings you may have."

"No its fine. Today I was talking with Zoron and he reminded me that life on earth is unpredictable and anyone you care about could die. I know its a morbid thought, but its true. He said that I should treat every day as if its my last and have no regrets," Clarkes eyes flicker down at Lexas soft lips, "The point is that if you wanted... well I think I am ready, because I really like you Lexa and..."

Clarkes rambling was silenced by Lexa closing the gap between them, gently cupping Clarkes cheek with her left hand. Her eyes glanced down at the blondes lips then back into her blue eyes, asking for permission. Clarke granted it by gently connecting their lips in a soft, chaste kiss filled with promise. They pulled back resting their foreheads together. Lexa pulled her hand softly going down to the blondes hand giving it a small squeeze before exiting her tent.

Clarke smiled widely to herself. Maybe their relationship isnt as crazy as it seems. All Clarke knew was when she was around Lexa, she wasnt constantly thinking about the lives shes taken or the decisions she had made as a leader.

---

A/N: I hope you are enjoying where this story is going. Like or comment your thoughts and feeling. When we go to Arkadia, I am not sure what Clarke and Lexa are going to do with their relationship. Comment who you think they should tell first and whether you think they should keep it a secret or be open about it. Thank you guys <3