CHAPTER SEVEN

After Lexa collected the rest of her warriors at the gate, they all followed Abby through the ark as she allocated various rooms to her warriors until it was only Clarke, Lexa and Abby left.

The younger girls walked behind Abby trying to keep their distance from each other so they keep Abbys suspicions at bay. Abby stopped outside a room, "You may stay here, Commander. Just ask anyone if you need anything."

Lexa nodded, "Thank you for you hospitality, Chancellor." She turned to face Clarke, her expression softening unintentionally, "I will see you soon, Clarke." Lexa opened the door, slipping into the room leaving Clarke alone with her mother.

"I have a spare bed in my room, you can stay there if you would like?" Abby asked hopefully.

Seeing no way to avoid her mother anymore, Clarke gave in, "sure, lead the way."

Abby led the way and Clarke walked beside her. The older Griffin opened the door to Clarkes childhood home. As the blonde entered the room, memories of the happy times she spent with her father took over her thoughts. She held back the tears in her eyes. She wondered what her father would think of her now. 

Her mother interrupted her thoughts by asking her, "Where have you been?"

Clarke decided that there was not point in lying so she got straight to the point, "I wondered around for a few days before one of Lexas guards found me. Without her I would be dead, I was running out of food and water, and it was only getting colder. He told me that Lexa was planning to come here to discuss another alliance with you guys. He said that I could come to TonDC and then we would come here the following week. At first I didnt want to go, but I knew I had to. I spent a week  in TonDC then I came here."

Abby nodded, not knowing what else to say. After a moments silence processing the information she stated, "you seem to have grown close to the commander again."

"I..." Clarke was caught off guard, she did not expect her mother to be so straight forward, "She understands me, what I have done, the burdens that come with being a leader."

"How can you trust her after she left us to die?" Abby pleaded. "I understand that you two were close before the mountain, but how did you forgive her?"

"There is nothing to forgive. I would have done the same thing. In a way I did, I chose under 50 of my people over 350 of the mountain men. She is not cold or heartless. She is what her people need her to be." Abby remained silent after that, and it all got to much for Clarke so she exited the room telling her mother she needed some air.

She went straight to Lexas room, she didnt bother knocking she just entered finding Lexa taking off her last piece of armour and placing it on the table. Lexa turned around facing the blonde, sensing that something was wrong. She knew that if Clarke wanted to talk, she would so she just stepped forward wrapping Clarke in a tender hug. Clarke rested her head on the brunettes chest, snaking her arms around her waist as Lexa rested her chin atop of Clarkes head. The blonde began to sob quietly and it broke Lexas heart. "Its okay Clarke, Im here" she reassured her kissing the top of her head softly.  

Clarke knew that she was so lucky to have someone that cared so much about her and always knew what to say and never pressed her to talk about something she didnt want to. The blondes nodded looking up at Lexa, "Can we just rest for a little while before we have to get dinner and I have to talk to all my friends again?"

Lexa answered by taking Clarkes hand, interlacing their fingers and leading her over to her bed. The girls lay down under the blanket, Lexas front flush with Clarkes back. She wrapped her arms around the blondes waist and Clarke held Lexas hands in place. After a few moments they we both fell soundly asleep.

---

When Clarke woke up she was still cuddled into Lexa. She turned around in Lexas arms, kissing Lexa softly on the under side of her sharp jaw to wake her up. Lexa grumbled in response which made Clarke smile, "We should get up Lexa, we need to get some food."

"I dont wanna move," Lexa mumbled pulling Clarke closer, in this moment she was acting the the teenage girl she was not the fearless and ruthless warlord people thought she was. Clarke smiled at how adorable she was, she pulled herself out from Lexa grasp, standing up beside the bed. "You are really cute" Clarke teased the brunette.

Lexa finally opened her eyes and began to get up, "I am not cute, I am Heda."

The blonde rolled her eyes playfully, "alright then commander, shall we go have dinner?"

Lexa nodded, following Clarke towards the dining hall.

---

A/N: This is shorter that usual, sorry, but it is because it was one big chapter so I decided to split it in two. The next part should be out in the next few hours. Again, I hope you enjoy where this is going tell me what you enjoyed and what you didnt in the comments and dont forget to leave kudos/ votes. Thank you for your ongoing support. If you have any prompts that could possibly fit with the story, direct message me and I might try to put them in <3