Boys Will Be Boys

-Ethan's POV-

"Hey you guys. Bring the pot?" I put my car keys in my pocket and walk up to Reed.

"You know it, bro." He hands me a pipe and some weed.

"Long day?" Sierra walks up behind me, standing between Reed and I.

"Yes." I stick the pipe in my mouth and light it, inhaling the substance.

"What did your step sister say about you coming out this late?" Reed pesters.

"Dude, I don't know. I didn't give a single ounce of a fuck to tell her where I was going."

"Oh, still pissed at that Colby guy?" Sierra speaks up, rubbing her hand across my back.

"Colton. And yes. He keeps trying to steal my girl."

"Bro, that's kind of fucked up." Reed narrows his bloodshot eyes at me.

I shrug. I don't have to explain myself to him. I inhale another puff and look up at the night sky. Smoking relieves stress and makes me forget unimportant things.

"You could always crash at my place." Sierra whispers in my ear, grazing her teeth across my earlobe.

"Thanks, but that might be a little weird considering you and Reed are siblings." I inhale another puff.

"So, what? I know you've always had a crush on me, babe." She rubs her hand down my side.

I was about to speak but Reed cuts me off, "Sierra, stop flirting with my bro. He doesn't like you like that."

She stands in front of me, looking into my eyes. "Is that true?"

I shrug, nodding. "Sorry." I really don't give a fuck if I hurt her or not. I'm hurt too so she can just suck it up like the rest of us.

Just then bright red and blue lights start flashing and I'm higher than a Georgia pine.

The police car pulls over on the curb and I hear Reed cussing under his breath. Sierra walks into the house and I know not to run from the cops. Just lie.

"How are you two doing tonight?" The officer with a navy blue suit and several badges, speaks to us.

I look over at Reed who is highly intoxicated. "We're fine, officers. What brings you here this time of night?" I speak calmly.

"We got a call from an anonymous person that there is suspicious persons using narcotics." The officer with dark skin speaks.

"No we don't have drugs." Reed looks at me. He's already hidden the pipes and beer bottles.

"Then might we ask what you two are doing out here in the middle of the night?" One of the officers ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, sir." I pause, thinking of a good lie. "We were just practicing boxing."

"At five in the morning?" Stepping closer, I can finally read the officers name tags. Officer Tate and officer Lloyd.

"We're very early risers."

"Mmh." Officer Tate mumbles. "Sir we're going to need to take you both downtown." Officer Lloyd pulls out his cuffs and walks closer to Reed.

"No no no officer. I swear to high I'm not God." Reed blurts out.

I smack my palm to my face and put my hands behind my back. The officer locks the cuffs and I sigh. They say the official law shit and put us into the police car.
--------------------------------------------
•Chloe's POV•

"I can't believe he is in jail. What the fuck did he even do?" I start slinging clothes out of my dresser, ranting to Colton.

"Probably something stupid." He sighs, slipping a white tee shirt over his body and stuffing some cash in his pocket.

I take off my shorts and put on my skinny jeans. Not even bothering to care what Colton just witnessed, whether he likes it or not. I am highly pissed.

I have to go bail Ethan out of jail for whatever the fuck he did. It is six-thirty in the morning and getting a phone call from the police isn't what I wanted to be woken up to!

"Sorry about this, Colton. I'm going to beat the shit out of him when we get back." We walk down the stairs and out the door.

"Can I help?" Colton shoves the keys into the ignition and starts speeding off to the police station.

We walk into the police station and the officer at the desk stands up. "How may I help you, miss?"

"I'm here to get my delinquent step brother." I sigh, speaking frustratedly.

"Name?" She sits back down, punching the keys of her keyboard.

"Ethan."

"Ah, okay. Bail is two hundred dollars." She speaks with a soft voice.

"Ugh, I should leave him here. He deserves it." I hand over the cash and she pages a deputy to release Ethan. I give him my best death glare and apparently it worked because he looks down at his feet as he walks toward us.

"Thank you, miss." I nod at the officer and grab Ethan's wrists, jerking him outside. As soon as we're in the car I blow up.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You could've told me that you were leaving last night! Would you like to explain why you were in jail?!" Colton starts to drive away and I glare back at Ethan.

"I-"

"No! I don't even want to hear it." I speak through clenched teeth.

We pull into the driveway and I'm the first one out of the car. I slam the door shut and run up the stairs, jumping into bed.
----------------------------------------------
*Colton's POV*

I look in my rear view mirror at Ethan. "What happened last night?"

"I fucked up, bro." He rubs his hand across his face and I unbuckle my seatbelt, turning around to face him.

"Want to talk about it?"

I really don't want to talk to him about it but my parents taught me to be the bigger person. Plus, it looks like he doesn't have Chloe.

"I smoked last night. I was trying to get some stress relieved then the cops showed up." He sighs, looking down at his lap with guilt.

"Ethan," I sigh. I'm about to tell him a secret no one knows. "I use to smoke."

He looks up, his eyes widening. "But you're such a goodie good. No offense."

"Yeah, none taken. I had a lot on my plate everyday. My parents were getting a divorce, I felt terrible and depressed, and I felt that smoking would fix everything but it just made things worse. Please don't tell Chloe, no one knows this."

"I swear not to tell anyone."

I hope to God he doesn't. I would absolutely die if Chloe knew. Bad boys just seem like a total turn off for her. Well, lets go fix this with Chloe, Ethan, and I.