New York City

NOVEMBER

I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I've last seen my parents, Ethan, and Josh. I miss them all desperately but my life here is New York is amazing so far.

"Good morning," Brandon smiles, while walking into the kitchen wearing only a towel around his waist. Water droplets drip from his hair, indicating he had just gotten out of the shower.

"Morning," I return the smile.

"Are you working today?" He pours himself a cup of coffee.

As soon as Brandon and I moved here, I began looking for a job; I couldn't possibly have Brandon buying everything for me. About the eighth day of the move, I got hired at the Starbucks downtown in Manhattan.

I have to admit, I like the job but it can get a little hectic sometimes.

"Well you look really sexy in your barista outfit," Brandon smacks my butt as he walks by and I gasp while he chuckles.

"Better get going," I peck him on the lips and walk across the hall to get on the elevator. Living on the twenty third floor has its advantages and disadvantages.

The streets of Manhattan are busy and wild. I always knew I was meant for hectic and crazy things like this beautiful city.

"Hey there beautiful!" Alexis greets me when I enter the store.

"Hey," I smile at her. Ever since I left Miami, I have been so happy and blissful.

Alexis is the manager here but when we're off of work she is my best friend. It's a coincidence that she also attends NYU. She is majoring in fashion designing and she promised she won't forget me when she becomes famous.

"Could you go to inventory and make sure we have enough whipped cream to last us through the day? Keith didn't stock up yesterday," she wipes the curly blonde locks from her face and I nod, following her instructions.

After fifteen minutes of counting whipped cream cans and buckets, I finally make my way back to the front of the store. "There are about six hundred spray cans and two hundred tubs," I wipe my hands on my green apron.

"Okay, that will last us until I order the shipment for tomorrow," she smiles at me. The bell on the door clangs and a girl about fourteen walks up to the register.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I greet her with a warm smile. She puts her hand up to me when her phone starts ringing.

"Yes daddy. No," she rolls her eyes. "I want the Claire DeVon pants not the Grace Jerrold's!" She practically shouts over the phone before hanging up.

Wow, I hope I wasn't that annoying as a teenager.

"I want two pumpkin spice lattes, hold the cinnamon and double the whipped cream, pronto!" She claps her hands together and I really want to spray her with the espresso foam.

"Names?" I ask in a monotone and she makes a disgusted noise.

"Carmela and Cathy," she hands me the cash and I make her drinks. When I finish I sign the names and she basically squeals when I announce the names.

"Are you serious?!" She glares at me and I raise an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You spelled Cathy's name wrong! It starts with a 'C' not a 'K'!" She shrieks. I make a disgusted face and she throws up the middle finger and exits the shop.

"Wow, diva much." Alexis groans while wiping down some of the tables.

"Yeah, I wanted to jump over the counter and strangle her." Alexis and I erupt into laughter and don't even notice the tall male standing in front of the cash register until he makes an obnoxious coughing sound.