Gone

*Chloe's POV*

Perhaps the best thing in life is to start over and begin something new, although, I don't exactly think that way; which is why I am so freaking emotional right now.

After my mother announced the horrible news, and I reuniting with Ethan, then the heated make out session, I don't know how much more of this day I can take.

I still can't wrap my mind around what happened between Ethan and I earlier in the car but as we're sitting at the dinner table across from our parents I quickly realize that it was nothing. It meant absolutely nothing; not to me anyways. I know I shouldn't have kissed him back but I couldn't help myself. I needed to feel something, anything, to bring my energy back and now I don't know if he took the little energy I had left or supplied me with a little more ounces.

"I think it will be great for all of us!" My mother smiles at Ethan as he rubs his temples. I can tell he's getting aggravated.

"No, it won't be 'great' for all of us!" He uses air quotes as he speaks and my mother keeps that stupid smirk upon her face. David looks tired, dazed even. I wonder if he even wanted to move in the first place.

"Why not, sweetie?" She folds her hands on the table and I take a deep breath. I can't believe she is talking to him like he's a fucking baby.

"You are unbelievable!" He stands from the table and I instantly become frozen next to him. He's gonna loose his temper and something is going to break, I can feel it. I've never seen him break something out of anger but I have seen him get close to it.

"What's wrong?" My mother stands from the table to face him and I place my hands on my temples, rubbing slowly.

"Oh I don't know! Maybe it's the fact that you've decided to move to a different fucking country or maybe it's the fact that your daughter is moving to New York in less than two weeks and you could care less!" I look to my mother and she looks back at me, horrified. I can't believe David didn't tell her. My stomach begins to churn more and I feel the acid back in my throat but I refuse to loose the contents of my stomach once more. I can't handle it; I feel weak enough.

"She's what?" I stand up from the table and David just sits there watching this family unravel in hate and desperation.

"I'm moving to New York because I got accepted into the university up there. I already paid my last check to the dorms today. I'm leaving next Monday." My voice comes out as hoarse and not as strong as I had hoped for.

"No you're not," she crosses her arms. What the entire fuck?

"Excuse me?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Now Jane," David stands to face my irritating mother. "She has worked hard for this and she's finally achieved her dreams at only seventeen years old."

"I don't care! She's coming to Canada with us because I already got her a good paying job and if she doesn't go then they company will be severely pissed." Her voice comes out as a ringing noise and I really want to reach across the table and smack her in the face.

"I am not coming to Canada with you guys! I'm going to New York and you can't stop me!" I shout and she takes a step back, obviously appalled at my harsh tone. She narrows her eyes toward me and I begin to wonder what goes on in that stupid brain of hers. I don't know how David stands to be with her.

"Chloe, you are going and that is final!" She grabs her purse off the counter and storms out the door and before it shuts I scream the first three words that come to my mind, "I hate you!"

*Ethan's POV*

I watch as Chloe's fight with her mother becomes intense, scary even. I've never seen her this angry. I feel sorry for her, to be honest. She was already crying earlier and I've caused so much hell for her. I feel like all of this is my fault and its eating me alive.