Fear Her

This was fun to write. :) In one day, too! I am SO pumped to finish these books! Two months into school with them completed would be wonderful. :)

There's a lonely child on the block, and it's up to the Time-Tyler family to help her - but which members will it be?

Enjoy "Fear Her!"

***

The Doctor opened the door of the TARDIS, only to stop when he realized the TARDIS had parked the wrong way, and he nearly walked into a cargo container. "Ah," he frowned, closing the door. He ignored Rose's snickers as he walked back to the console to rotate the TARDIS. When he opened the door, he walked out on the right side. "Ah!"

Rose followed behind and examined a poster on one of the containers. "So near future, then?" she asked, seeing Shane Ward on it.

"I had a passing fancy, only it didn't pass," the Doctor took Anna's hand as she joined them. "It stopped."

"Where is it?" Anna looked around.

The Doctor just grinned as they walked towards one of the streets, and he pointed to the banner above it. "Thirtieth Olympiad!"

"No way!" Rose gushed, eyes lighting up. "Why didn't I think of this? That's great!"

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about, wrestling each other in the sand with crowds standing around baying. No . . . wait a minute." He frowned. "That was Clud Med." Rose snorted as he walked on. "Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony tonight. I thought you'd like that. Last one they had in London was dynamite! Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch, what was his name? Mark? John? Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet."

Rose stopped when she saw a man putting up posters of a missing boy, and she went over to look. "Doctor," she said.

"And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go," he continued.

"Doctor!" Rose insisted, Anna running over to look.

"Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunch ball bearings on top?"

"There's another," Anna pointed to another missing poster.

"Doctor, you should really look at this," Rose told him.

He finally turned and walked over. "Do you know those things?" he asked. "Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius!" He stopped, finally reading the posters, and narrowing his eyes. "What's taking them, do you think?" he wondered. "Snatching children from a thoroughly ordinary street like this."

"And it's cold," Anna shivered. "Why's it so cold on this street?"

"It says they all went missing this week," Rose frowned at the posters. "Why would a person do something like this?"

"What makes you think it's a person?" the Doctor countered.

Rose looked around as a woman quickly put out her rubbish and hurried back inside. "Whatever it is, it's got the whole street scared to death."

"Daddy!" Anna giggled.

Rose blinked and turned, only to sigh when she saw the Doctor run across the street to investigate somewhere. She was about to go help when a mini that drove onto the street suddenly stopped, its engine going out. She watched one of the roadmenders go over to help, then she held out a hand to Anna. "Let's see what that's about, eh?"

"All the cars are doing it," the roadmender was saying when they walked over. "And do you know what? It's bonkers. Bonkers! Come on, then, pal. There we go."