Everything will be okay

AY I JUST WOKE UP AND HOLY CRAP THERE ARE 122 VOTES ON THIS STORY THANK YOU SO MUCH

update: lmao time to die this has more than 3k votes I love you so much thank

"Are you okay?"

Phil put his ear against Dan's door and heard sobbing. He asked the question again. "Dan, are you okay?"

The sobbing stopped abruptly. Hiccups followed. He waited a few seconds before Dan opened the door, eyes red and hair messy. Before any of them could say anything, Phil walked in and engulfed Dan in a hug. The sobbing started again. "Hey, what's wrong?"

They stood their hugging each other, Phil whispering, "It's okay" or "Let it out" when he could Dan sob harder.

Soon, he slowly stopped. His breath was heavy and Phil pulled away to look at his face. He was a complete mess.

"Do you want to talk?"
"S-sure" Dan choked out.

They walked over to sit on the edge of Dan's bed. Once sat down, Dan started talking.

"I don't even know. It's like a wave of sadness washed over me. If I feel so happy now, what if it's fake? Am I acting? There could be something that could go terribly wrong at any point and I'm- I don't think I'd be ready to take something like that. I began thinking more and- why am I traveling? How will this help me? What if I can't find what I'm looking for?"
"Wait, Dan. What do you mean by help you?"
"I w-was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety. It's weird I know. Now that you know this, you can forget about me and leave. It's disgusting and-"
"Shut up"
"What?"
"I said shut up. It is not disgusting. It is not weird. Dan, it's okay. I don't care if you have it or not because you're still Dan. And now that I know, I can fight it with you. I can help you and support you because honestly that's what you need. That's what's going to help you"

Dan looked at Phil and smiled.
"Thank you, Phil"
"Remember: everything will be okay"