I Will

Jay's (POV)

It was cold tonight. When Cole said he wanted to take me on the hot air balloon ride, I didn't think he'll actually rent one for the whole night. The city was filled with empty building lights and busy street noises. The skyline was as bleak as ever, but the street lights reflecting off the glass skyscrapers made up for the lack of color in the sky. It was just Cole and I up in the sky, enjoying the still life from above. At first, I thought I would dislike being all the way up here, but I was thankfully mistaken. A breath of fresh air was pleasantly calming. " Glad I forced you out of bed now? " Cole suddenly asked me. Without turning to look back at him, I simply nodded and smiled slightly. Cole chuckled softly and tapped my shoulder. I turned around and raised an eyebrow when he suddenly handed me a small stick like object. " What's this? " I asked the man in a black wool sweather holding something similar in his hands. " Just watch. " Cole simply said with a smile. I glanced down to what Cole was doing. He took out a small lighter and sparked it on. Placing the flames onto the tip of his stick, it suddenly started to spark out a bright blue hue. " Oh! It's a sparkler! " I said like i found out the world's biggest mysteries. " No duh dumbnut. " Cole simply said and lit my sparkler as well. " It just fits the mood up here. " Was all Cole said with a small smile. My eyes were fixated on the sparks our spraklers made, and for some reason, the glow from them made my heart feel a thousand times lighter. I couldn't help but smile. " Thanks Cole... I really needed this. " I thanked the man and he looked like he was taken back at it. " O-oh.. No problem Jay. " Was all he said and turned his glance somewhere else.

" These splattered chairs and wood specks really remind me of those sparklers then... " I mumbled out to myself as I stared at the spread out pile of broken wood. I didn't hear anyone come in, but there was suddenly a small knock at the door. I glanced over to it and spotted Mr. Ol standing at the door with a slight smile. I didn't say anything, and Mr. Ol took it as a sign of me wanting answers without asking. " Ah... Mr. Jay Walker... I assume you have been given your mission already yes? " He asked me in a deep voice. I mearly stared at him and waited. The man started tapping his foot and continued to give me his plastered on smile. I finally gave up on our staring contest and looked down at the floor. " Yeah.. But it's not like i know where to start. Or even know what I'm looking for. Or even get out of this room. " I told him honestly. Mr. Ol chuckled and walked over to me. " This should help with one of your problems. " He said as he suddenly placed a black chocker around my neck. " The hell are you- " I started but then Mr. Ol explained, " You've noticed everyone has a little wearble item in this building yes? Nadakhan has decided to give you this one. It allows you to walk around the building as you please.. For the most part at least. " I raised an eyebrow and felt the chocker given to me, but as i felt it, a small spark suddenly shocked my finger tips. " Ow.. The hell? " I mumbled to myself and Mr. Ol chuckled.

" Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention.. Extra spark charges if you try to take it off. Oh, and it serves as a tracking device. " Mr. Ol basically told me a PG version of " if you try to run away, we'll hunt you down and kill you. " I sighed and looked back up at the man in the suit. " Why did you do that back at Nadakhan's party? Weren't there people you worked with who could of died. "  I suddenly asked the man. He stayed silent for a bit and moved his eyes back and forth slightly as if he was trying to figure out why himself. " Hmm.. No one in particular was really worth keeping other than Nadakhan and sadly, you as well. So we didn't mind sacrificing a few others. " Mr. Ol told me, with no emotion or guilt in his voice. " But that still doesn't answer why. More than just a few people died. " I told him in a slightly irritated tone. Mr. Ol chuckled again slightly and sighed. " It was a test run. To see if you could live your first actually surprise attack. " Mr. Ol told me with a hint of amusement at the tip of his tongue. " What?! All that- for a test?! " I suddenly yelled at him. I was now standing and facing him head-on, and it was then I realized, just how much this man reeked of dark aura. " Why yes. Every one of our initiatives go through something similar. Although.. We did set it up to be more.. Interesting this time. " He explained to me, vague as fuck. " Don't give me that bullshit. You really did it to make your mark on the city didn't you guys? " I spat at him, furry over taking me. Mr. Ol stood there, staring at me as if I was some sort of animal in a zoo. " No test would risk killing so many people, especially if some of those people could be one of your partners in crime. You guys even dragged my own friends into this crazy mess! Leave them out of this! " I shouted even more at the poker faced man.